American Announces New Boeing 777-300 Routes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American announced this week that the airline would begin flying the first of its fleet of 10 new Boeing 777-300ER’s starting in December, after it takes delivery. Dallas/Forth Worth-Sao Paulo will be the first route the new aircraft fly on December 13, then service will expand in February and April to include routes to and from JFK and London as well. I tried checking for MileSAAver awards and nothing is loaded yet, but I’m going to set up ExpertFlyer alerts. Anyone down for a Sao Paulo meetup? I’ve never been and this is as good of a reason as I can think!
American Airlines Boeing 777-300ER routes will include:
Dallas/Fort Worth-Sao Paulo 3-6x a week
Dallas/Forth Worth-London Heathrow daily service
New York-JFK to London Heathrow daily service
New York-JFK to Sao-Paulo daily service
The new 777-300ERs will be configured as three-class aircraft and will include fully lie-flat First and Business Class seats, Main Cabin Extra seats, and international Wi-Fi capability.
From American’s site, some of the other new features will include:
- Fully lie-flat First and Business Class seating with aisle access from every seat
- Specially designed Main Cabin seating offering more knee room and more comfort
- International Wi-Fi capability
- Universal AC power outlets and USB jacks available at every seat
- Up to 120 movies, and over 150 TV programs and 350 audio selections to choose from
- Unique mood lighting and a dramatic archway and ceiling treatment to create a feeling of spaciousness
- Increased fuel efficiency
You can read about the complete list of amenities onboard these new planes here.
Now might be a good time to start booking award travel on these flights either using American Advantage miles or British Airways Avios. We made some mock bookings and so far most of these flights have MileSAAver award space for 100K miles in business class. I might even just book an award or buy a cheap coach ticket and use one of my American systemwide upgrades to try out the new premium classes.
Despite the bankruptcy, it’s good to see some major investments being made by American since up to this point, it’s fleet has been among the oldest and least fuel efficient in the US airline market. I personally loathe their angled lie flats and look forward to them refurbishing their 767 and 777 fleet to include the new business and economy class cabins (refurbished planes should start rolling out in 2014).
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees