Amazing Deal Alert: Buy Cheap Hyatt Gold Passport Points Today With Daily Getaways
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As I wrote about on Tuesday, today is one of the better Daily Getaways deals: Hyatt Gold Passport points for less than a cent apiece.
This is probably the sale I’ve been most excited about this whole round. Basically it is varying amounts of Hyatt Gold Passport points, which I value as some of the best in terms of hotel redemption value, for less than half the price it would normally cost to buy them, meaning you can get huge value out of them if you play your points right.
There are only 165 packages (plus 20 presale) and thousands who will want them, so you’ll need to not only act quick, but be persistent as well. Even though many of these packages will show “In someone else’s cart,” you can still snag them by refreshing and trying to scoop them up when someone else decides to not actually purchase or their computer messes up. Hey, their loss is your gain – many TPG readers have gotten packages this way so don’t be afraid to be a little obsessive – it’ll pay off.
These points are good for stays anytime there is award availability (even though they market them as a set number of nights in a certain category level, they just do that to. Just note that no more than one or each set of points purchased through the offer is allowed per membership number, and a maximum of four sets of points is allowed per membership number across all these offers—so you can buy one of each of these offers.Points are deposited within 10 days of purchase, and you must be a Gold Passport member (sign-up here) to take advantage of this offer. Hyatt Gold Passport points cost 2.4 cents each to buy normally, so there are some substantial discounts to be had here.
There are several packages, but the majority of packages are being sold for 1.1 cents per point, but if you use an American Express card to purchase them, you get an additional 10% discount, so in fact, you’d be getting these points for as low as 0.975 cents. That’s nearly a 60% discount, and a price far below the value you can reap from these points – which can literally be in the thousands of dollars.
Here are the various packages.
-24,000 Gold Passport points for $260 ($480 value). 100 available, 20 presale.
They couch this in terms of redemptions at Category 3 hotels, which are 12,000 points a night, but you could also use 22,000 of these points for one night at a Category 6 hotel like the Park Hyatt Tokyo (rooms are starting at over $500 a night in May) or the Andaz Wall Street, where rooms start at $495 in May. You could also use these points for 3 nights in a Category 2 or 3 nights in a Category 1 hotel and have some leftover points.
-36,000 Gold Passport points for $415 ($720 value). 15 available
This is enough for 3 nights at a Category 3 property like the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach or the Hyatt Regency Montreal; or 2 nights at a Category 5 property like the Andaz San Diego ($240 per night in May) or the Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt Buenos Aires (where rooms regularly go for over $400 a night).
-30,000 Gold Passport points for $330 ($600 value). 35 available
That’s enough for 2 nights at a Category 4 hotel like the Hyatt Regency San Francisco (where a rate for just one night is often well over $300), the Hyatt Escala Lodge Park City, or the Grand Hyatt Istanbul.
-69,000 Gold Passport points for $775 ($1,380 value). 15 available
That’s more than enough for a 3-night stay at top Category 6 properties like the Ararat Park Hyatt Moscow (rooms start at $650 this month) and the just-redone Park Hyatt Sydney where standard rooms go for upwards of $600 a night; and well over enough points for 4 nights at Category 4 properties like Hyatt 48 Lex in New York and the Grand Hyatt Berlin, both of which have rooms starting at over $300 a night in May.
As always, check your upcoming travel and see if these deals make sense for you. Hyatt.com is annoying in that it won’t show award availability is you don’t have enough points in your account, so call up reservations (1- 800-228-3360) to check on availability for any upcoming travel. But no matter what, extracting much more value than what you pay for shouldn’t be an issue with these packages.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees