Alitalia Weekend Sale 20% Off All Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alitalia is offering a 20% off flash sale this weekend now through noon (presumably in Rome) May 21, 2012 (Monday) using the code: SPECIAL20IT.
Here are the (roughly) translated details:
“For you a discount of 20% off all destinations of the Alitalia network. The discount of 20% applies on the total ticket price (taxes, surcharges and service sales included), all of the destinations of Alitalia network purchased in Economy (Classica) and Business (Ottima and Magnifica), excluding Premium Economy (Classica Plus). Offer valid for flying from May 22, 2012 through April 15, 2013.
Not too shabby—if you know you’re going to Italy this coming year (or just feel like doing so now) you can get the 20% off on tickets for travel now through next April. You basically complete the booking process as normal and then on the checkout page, you enter the coupon code in the box titled E-COUPON, and the price should adjust automatically.
Just note, the code doesn’t seem to work on the US English language site. In order to get the discount, it looks like you have to go through the promo page, which is in Italian.
Just for kicks, I priced out a sample itinerary roundtrip from New York JFK to Roma Fiumicino in economy in September. The trip originally came to 851.29 euros ($1,080).
When I entered the code SPECIAL20IT in the E-Coupon box though, 170 euros were subtracted and the new fare was 601.04 euros, or $870.55. Amazing? No, but getting that extra $217 off is still better than nothing.
Here are the rest of the terms and conditions:
-Coupon-code can be used on site Alitalia.it to buy domestic, international, or intercontinental, to be carried out from 22/05/2012 and not later than 15.04.2013 (last return).
-e-coupon promotion may also be used to purchase tickets payable to third parties and is not combined with other coupon codes.
the alphanumeric code of the e-coupons must be inserted in the page field “Ticket Details” during the checkout process online. To view the cost of the discounted ticket and ‘must click “Recalculate”.
-During the period of validity ‘, the customer can’ participate in the promotion of more ‘times.
-e-Coupon is not valid for Classic Plus.
-e-Coupon is not valid on the youth rate and fee continuity territory.
-e-Coupon is not valid on MilleMiglia award tickets.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.