Alitalia Weekend Sale 20% Off All Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alitalia is offering a 20% off flash sale this weekend now through noon (presumably in Rome) May 21, 2012 (Monday) using the code: SPECIAL20IT.
Here are the (roughly) translated details:
“For you a discount of 20% off all destinations of the Alitalia network. The discount of 20% applies on the total ticket price (taxes, surcharges and service sales included), all of the destinations of Alitalia network purchased in Economy (Classica) and Business (Ottima and Magnifica), excluding Premium Economy (Classica Plus). Offer valid for flying from May 22, 2012 through April 15, 2013.
Not too shabby—if you know you’re going to Italy this coming year (or just feel like doing so now) you can get the 20% off on tickets for travel now through next April. You basically complete the booking process as normal and then on the checkout page, you enter the coupon code in the box titled E-COUPON, and the price should adjust automatically.
Just note, the code doesn’t seem to work on the US English language site. In order to get the discount, it looks like you have to go through the promo page, which is in Italian.
Just for kicks, I priced out a sample itinerary roundtrip from New York JFK to Roma Fiumicino in economy in September. The trip originally came to 851.29 euros ($1,080).
When I entered the code SPECIAL20IT in the E-Coupon box though, 170 euros were subtracted and the new fare was 601.04 euros, or $870.55. Amazing? No, but getting that extra $217 off is still better than nothing.
Here are the rest of the terms and conditions:
-Coupon-code can be used on site Alitalia.it to buy domestic, international, or intercontinental, to be carried out from 22/05/2012 and not later than 15.04.2013 (last return).
-e-coupon promotion may also be used to purchase tickets payable to third parties and is not combined with other coupon codes.
the alphanumeric code of the e-coupons must be inserted in the page field “Ticket Details” during the checkout process online. To view the cost of the discounted ticket and ‘must click “Recalculate”.
-During the period of validity ‘, the customer can’ participate in the promotion of more ‘times.
-e-Coupon is not valid for Classic Plus.
-e-Coupon is not valid on the youth rate and fee continuity territory.
-e-Coupon is not valid on MilleMiglia award tickets.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees