500 Free United Miles With Visa Mobile Offers Sign-up
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
It seems that every industry these days is focused on investing in mobile technology. I now do most of my banking from my iPhone and aloft hotels is piloting a program where you can get your room key automatically downloaded on your mobile phone so you can skip the front check in desk (sign- me up for that!).
United is now offering 500 free miles (registration link) for signing up with their mobile shopping platform. Once signed up, they’ll send you up to three texts per week with offers that might appeal to you. I just signed up, so I’m not sure what kind of offers they will be, but it appears that there will be opportunities to earn extra United miles for spend on your Visa (note: it does not need to be a Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Card – I successfully registered my Sapphire Preferred).
So basically they will be able to understand your purchase history and then select offers targeted towards you. Is that worth it for 500 United miles (roughly $10 to me)? Only you can say, but I personally did it because I will just un-enroll once I get my miles in 6-8 weeks.
(a) send a text message with the words “STOP” to 81825 or “STOP” to any text message you may receive from MileagePlus mobile offers (or such other short code that may be used in the future);
(b) visit https://rtm.visa.com/MileagePlus and unsubscribing your enrolled mobile number
Hat tip TPG reader Umut!
Terms and Conditions:
- Offer valid only for MileagePlus® members currently residing in the 50 United States (including Alaska and Hawaii).
- To receive the 500 bonus award miles, members must successfully register by entering their MileagePlus member number, eligible Visa card number and mobile number.
- Register anytime on or between May 21, 2012 and Oct. 21, 2012.
- The registration period will conclude at 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 21, 2012.
- This offer is combinable only with other combinable MileagePlus offers.
- A member can register up to three eligible Visa cards per MileagePlus member number but can only earn the 500 bonus award miles one time.
- Please allow 6-8 weeks after registration for posting of the 500 bonus award miles. The 500 bonus award miles will be posted to the MileagePlus account entered at time of registration.
- Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the MileagePlus program. The MileagePlus program, including accruals, awards and bonus mile offers is subject to change without notice. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus program, visit mileageplus.com.
- Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
- Visa and United, including their respective subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners.
- For complete details about the MileagePlus program, visit mileageplus.com.
- Complete terms and conditions for MileagePlus mobile offers can be found here
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees