500 Free United Miles With Visa Mobile Offers Sign-up
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It seems that every industry these days is focused on investing in mobile technology. I now do most of my banking from my iPhone and aloft hotels is piloting a program where you can get your room key automatically downloaded on your mobile phone so you can skip the front check in desk (sign- me up for that!).
United is now offering 500 free miles (registration link) for signing up with their mobile shopping platform. Once signed up, they’ll send you up to three texts per week with offers that might appeal to you. I just signed up, so I’m not sure what kind of offers they will be, but it appears that there will be opportunities to earn extra United miles for spend on your Visa (note: it does not need to be a Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Card – I successfully registered my Sapphire Preferred).
So basically they will be able to understand your purchase history and then select offers targeted towards you. Is that worth it for 500 United miles (roughly $10 to me)? Only you can say, but I personally did it because I will just un-enroll once I get my miles in 6-8 weeks.
(a) send a text message with the words “STOP” to 81825 or “STOP” to any text message you may receive from MileagePlus mobile offers (or such other short code that may be used in the future);
(b) visit https://rtm.visa.com/MileagePlus and unsubscribing your enrolled mobile number
Hat tip TPG reader Umut!
Terms and Conditions:
- Offer valid only for MileagePlus® members currently residing in the 50 United States (including Alaska and Hawaii).
- To receive the 500 bonus award miles, members must successfully register by entering their MileagePlus member number, eligible Visa card number and mobile number.
- Register anytime on or between May 21, 2012 and Oct. 21, 2012.
- The registration period will conclude at 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 21, 2012.
- This offer is combinable only with other combinable MileagePlus offers.
- A member can register up to three eligible Visa cards per MileagePlus member number but can only earn the 500 bonus award miles one time.
- Please allow 6-8 weeks after registration for posting of the 500 bonus award miles. The 500 bonus award miles will be posted to the MileagePlus account entered at time of registration.
- Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the MileagePlus program. The MileagePlus program, including accruals, awards and bonus mile offers is subject to change without notice. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus program, visit mileageplus.com.
- Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
- Visa and United, including their respective subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners.
- For complete details about the MileagePlus program, visit mileageplus.com.
- Complete terms and conditions for MileagePlus mobile offers can be found here
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards