Reminder: Follow Me on Twitter at The Freddies Tonight, The Travel Executive Summit on Friday, and Frequent Traveler University This Weekend
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just a quick reminder that The Freddie Awards are being held tonight at the Renaissance Newark Airport. This is the premier award ceremony for travel loyalty programs and millions of votes are cast by travelers around the world for their favorite airline, hotel and credit card promotions. I’ll be there live Tweeting the results (the award ceremony and dinner starts at 7pm) and any other interesting news we learn as Team TPG and the giveaway winners mingle with travel executives from across the board before and after the ceremony. Make sure to tune in for updates on what your fellow travelers think are some of the best loyalty programs out there!
After the Freddies, I will be attending the Second Annual Randy Petersen Travel Executives Summit on Friday morning. The event opens with the first talk on “Cash, Credit or Miles — Miles As an Emerging Payment Currency” followed by, “Inventing the Present and the Future: What Makes Hotel Loyalty Programs Tick.” The presentations begin at 9:30am and 12pm respectively, so be sure to check twitter for any fascinating tidbits.
I’ll also be speaking at Frequent Traveler University, which is being held at the Sheraton Meadowlands in East Rutherford from Friday-Sunday, April 27-29 (New Jersey’s got it going on this weekend!). I’ll be there with the other speakers for the cocktail reception on Friday evening, and then Saturday I’ll be giving two talks. In the morning, I’ll be debating Gary Leff from View From The Wing about the value of Delta SkyMiles, and then Mommy Points and I will be talking about how to leverage points-earning credit cards for premium travel around the world. It should be a great, productive weekend, and I hope to see many of you there. If you are attending, Tweet me so I can look out for you, and be sure to stop by and say hello!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.