Reminder: Follow Me on Twitter at The Freddies Tonight, The Travel Executive Summit on Friday, and Frequent Traveler University This Weekend
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just a quick reminder that The Freddie Awards are being held tonight at the Renaissance Newark Airport. This is the premier award ceremony for travel loyalty programs and millions of votes are cast by travelers around the world for their favorite airline, hotel and credit card promotions. I’ll be there live Tweeting the results (the award ceremony and dinner starts at 7pm) and any other interesting news we learn as Team TPG and the giveaway winners mingle with travel executives from across the board before and after the ceremony. Make sure to tune in for updates on what your fellow travelers think are some of the best loyalty programs out there!
After the Freddies, I will be attending the Second Annual Randy Petersen Travel Executives Summit on Friday morning. The event opens with the first talk on “Cash, Credit or Miles — Miles As an Emerging Payment Currency” followed by, “Inventing the Present and the Future: What Makes Hotel Loyalty Programs Tick.” The presentations begin at 9:30am and 12pm respectively, so be sure to check twitter for any fascinating tidbits.
I’ll also be speaking at Frequent Traveler University, which is being held at the Sheraton Meadowlands in East Rutherford from Friday-Sunday, April 27-29 (New Jersey’s got it going on this weekend!). I’ll be there with the other speakers for the cocktail reception on Friday evening, and then Saturday I’ll be giving two talks. In the morning, I’ll be debating Gary Leff from View From The Wing about the value of Delta SkyMiles, and then Mommy Points and I will be talking about how to leverage points-earning credit cards for premium travel around the world. It should be a great, productive weekend, and I hope to see many of you there. If you are attending, Tweet me so I can look out for you, and be sure to stop by and say hello!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees