Giveaway: Tickets to the Freddies
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Freddie Awards (think Academy Awards of the loyalty program world!) are coming right up, so it’s time for another TPG reader giveaway!
The ceremony itself will be held on the evening of Thursday, April 26, 2012, at the Renaissance Newark Airport. This is the premier award ceremony for travel loyalty programs and millions of votes are cast by travelers around the world for their favorite airline, hotel and credit card promotions. Voting is closed, so I hope you got your ballots in already.
I’ll actually be presenting one of the awards that night, and I’ve arranged to get a whole table so I can give away 4 more (TPG readers John and Rocky got seats for participating in my Expiring Upgrade Exchange) seats to TPG readers. It’ll be a great opportunity to meet with the people behind some of the biggest frequent flyer and hotel loyalty programs out there, plus it’s pretty fun!
In order to win you have to do one (or any) of the following:
1. Because the big news of the week is the British Airways 100,000 mile Chase Visa bonus, I’ll be giving away two seats to readers who share a tip on using British Airways Avios miles in the comments section of this post.
2. I’ll give away another to someone who Tweets me @thepointsguy with a BA tip including the hashtag: #tpgBA100k.
3. I’ll give the final seat away to a Facebook member who writes on my wall which airline and hotel (please name both) will win top honors at the award ceremony.
You can enter the contest through each method only once, so make your comments, Tweets and wall posts count! Also, please note, this giveaway will just be tickets to sit at my table at the award ceremony. I will not be providing any travel or accommodations, so you have to get yourself there and arrange your own stay or transportation home.
I can’t wait to hear all your tips and insights, and to meet a few of you at the Freddies in a few weeks!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.