Credit Card Bonuses and Benefits Update (Mostly All Good News!)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View all current offers here.
The Chase Sapphire bonus going down isn’t the only news in the credit card miles and points world today. There are a few more pieces of info that I want to make sure and share…..all of which are good news!
- There is once again a 30,000 point sign-up offer for the Chase Freedom card! This bonus seems to fluctuate between 20,000, 25,000 and 30,000 points, but I am happy to see the higher version of the offer return. This is often advertized as $300 cash back, but you can also use the points as Ultimate Reward points. If you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card or Ink BoldSM with Ultimate Rewards then you can transfer the Freedom points to airline and hotel partners. If you signed up within the last 90 days under a lesser offer, then you can send Chase a secure message from your online account and there is a good chance they will give you the difference in the sign-up bonuses as a “goodwill” gesture. The Freedom card has no annual fee, so it is a good “keeper” card. Update: the 30,000 point link stopped working this afternoon. Let me know if you are aware of another functioning 30,000 point link!
- As I posted about earlier today, the Citi AAdvantage cards just got a whole new host of benefits today that also move them into the “keeper” category for me. Some of the new benefits include: free checked bag, priority boarding, and 10% miles rebate on award tickets.
- Those who have a Visa Signature card (many cards are Visa Signature cards, including the Sapphire Preferred) can register for a 90-day trial of Hyatt Platinum status until May 11th. The website seems to be giving error messages right now, but hopefully it will be up and running again soon. Hyatt Platinum is a pretty solid mid-tier status as it comes with free internet, 15% points bonus, and 2:00PM late check-out. Thanks Lucky for sharing that info!
- There is a semi-targeted offer for the new United Club card available that waives the $395 annual fee for the first year. This annual fee is very high, but it provides United Club access and awards 1.5 points per dollar on all purchases (2 points per dollar on United purchases). The card also comes with some other benefits such as priority check-in and boarding, two free checked bags, and a “close-in” fee waiver for reward tickets booked within 21 days of departure. I will do a full review on the card soon, but check out this Flyertalk thread to learn more about how to possibly access the offer with the fee waived for the first year. I was unable to get the offer to come up as I do not have status with United (that seems to be a key factor to seeing the offer), but it is worth a shot if you are in the market for that card.
Time to go pack, I have my first quasi-mileage run tomorrow. I am super excited!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees