And the Winners of the Freddies Tickets Giveaway Are…
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – British Airways Visa Signature Card
Thanks to everyone who responded to my post last week about giving away tickets to the Freddies next Thursday in New York.
A lot of you had great tips on maximizing British Airways Avios as well as guesses on which airline and which hotel would take home the top honors at this year’s awards ceremony.
So, without further ado, here are the four winners and the answers they came up with.
1. Because the big news last week was the British Airways 100,000 mile Chase Visa bonus, I gave away two seats to readers who shared a tip on using British Airways Avios miles in the comments of my original post.
The two winners are:
-Jeff, who said: “A great use of Avios is to use them for a short hop flight on American Airlines. I am using 7,500 Avios to get me to the Chicago Seminars this October, where I will learn how to earn even more Avios.” That’ll be a great use of them, Jeff.
-DCMOMO who said: “Using Avios for flights between Caribbean islands is a great value. I recently used them to get from San Juan, Puerto Rico, to St. Kitts. A one-way ticket was running $350 at the last minute, but it only cost me 4,500 Avios.” Another great example of using the Avios distance-based formula to your advantage–and in the Caribbean no less.
2. I gave away another ticket to someone who Tweeted me @thepointsguy with another British Airways tip:
-Mike, otherwise known as infamousdx, who said: “Use the Miles & Cash option to get the most bang for your buck.” Great tip, and one I’ll be discussing later this week in my new Maximizing British Airways Avios Series.
3. I gave the final seat away to a Facebook member who wrote on my wall which airline and hotel they think will win top honors at the award ceremony:
-Erica, who wrote: “I think they’ll go to Starwood Preferred Guest and Lufthansa, although personally, I hope Delta takes it.” Interesting choice, and great to put a European carrier into the mix with Delta coming in a close second—not sure many people will agree with you there, Erica. Meanwhile I think SPG has a good shot since they’ve really ramped up their program within the past year.
So congratulations to all, and thanks again to everyone who commented, Tweeted and Facebooked.
I’ll actually be handing out an award myself that evening, so be sure to follow my Tweets for the full story in real time.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees