How to Minimize Time Spent on Hold With Airlines: Part 2
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week I wrote about calling airlines’ international customer service centers to avoid long hold times when the US phone lines are jammed. This was topical because United’s phone lines have been swamped since they officially merged with Continental last week.
Naively, I thought United’s phone lines wouldn’t be jammed up at midnight last night and before I knew it I was on hold for 15 minutes with no sign of a rep coming anytime soon. I Tweeted my frustrations and several TPG readers recommended trying the Click to Call feature.
You simply click this link, then enter your phone number and within a couple seconds you’ll get a call from United. Within 2 minutes I was speaking to a live rep, vs. still being on hold with the regular reservations line.
Several other people have recommended the site gethuman.com, which helps get around pesky phone hold times. I love technology!
This is reason 2,923,928 why I love Twitter (follow me!) and super savvy TPG readers!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.