How to Minimize Time Spent on Hold With Airlines: Part 2
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week I wrote about calling airlines’ international customer service centers to avoid long hold times when the US phone lines are jammed. This was topical because United’s phone lines have been swamped since they officially merged with Continental last week.
Naively, I thought United’s phone lines wouldn’t be jammed up at midnight last night and before I knew it I was on hold for 15 minutes with no sign of a rep coming anytime soon. I Tweeted my frustrations and several TPG readers recommended trying the Click to Call feature.
You simply click this link, then enter your phone number and within a couple seconds you’ll get a call from United. Within 2 minutes I was speaking to a live rep, vs. still being on hold with the regular reservations line.
Several other people have recommended the site gethuman.com, which helps get around pesky phone hold times. I love technology!
This is reason 2,923,928 why I love Twitter (follow me!) and super savvy TPG readers!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.