Amazing Deal Alert: $52 a Night at Sheraton Lisbon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Sheraton Lisbon hotel is celebrating 40 years in business by running a sale for rooms at 40 Euros a night ($52). There are four rooms per night available and a quick look at availability here showed lots of nights still available- even during peak summer weeks.
Things to take into consideration: There is a 2 night maximum (though if you are traveling with someone else, they could book two nights and you book two nights) and the rate is non-refundable, so if your plans change you lose the total amount.
I’ve never been to Lisbon (but have been to Porto in northern Portugal, which was incredible), but it’s on my “to go” list. However, my schedule is so crazy these days, I can’t take the risk of making a speculative booking and then losing the total amount – even if it is a steal of a deal.
This is an eligible rate so you earn elite status and points on these bookings. Plus if you are a Platinum, you get access to a nice club lounge that includes breakfast and evening snacks. When I first heard about this promo, I initially thought I’d book a month-long stay, since $1,560 for lodging and breakfast every day is a bargain and it would help my quest to get to 75 nights so I can get the new Starwood benefits!
Hat tip TPG reader Mark who pointed me to this Flyertalk thread started by paullevi.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.