Three American Airlines Admirals Club Passes for $5 With BusinessExtrAA
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week, I wrote about airlines’ business frequent flyer programs, and it turns out that American Airlines sent out an email offering 1,000 bonus points to members of its ExtrAA Business program for signing up for an online marketing company called Vertical Response with the following link and spending $5 or more before May 31,2012. The easiest way to get to the $5 spend requirement is to purchase credits for 334 emails at $0.015 each, and you’re there.
This is a lucrative offer because the BusinessExtrAA program normally 1 point per $10 spent on AA airfare (from most airports except Dallas and Miami), so 1,000 points would be the equivalent of spending $10,000!
The 1,000 bonus ExtrAA points you earn are enough for 3 Admirals Club day passes (300 points each), or half of what you need for the lowest flight award, a roundtrip domestic ticket, which takes 2,000 ExtrAA points to redeem. So for $5 and two minutes’ time, you’ve earned half a roundtrip ticket. Not bad.
Then you can either leave your account open if you plan to use it (or not, it doesn’t cost anything just to have), or close it once your ExtrAA points post to your account—which might be all the way in June if the T&C that claim it will be 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends, so keep an eye out.
Hat tip: TPG reader Matt!
Here are the other T&C specific to this promotion:
“This offer is available only to recipients of the email sent by American Airlines to select Business ExtrAA® members and is valid through May 31, 2012. Promotional bonus points available for new VerticalResponse customers only, who provide the requested information using the enrollment site provided via link from this email (www.verticalresponse.com/AABizExtrAA) and complete a qualifying purchase with VerticalResponse of $5 or more between January 26, 2012, and May 31, 2012.
Points will post to your company’s Business ExtrAA account 6-8 weeks after promotion ends. Companies earn two points for every $10 spent for all qualifying tickets on American Airlines®, American Eagle® and AmericanConnection® carriers. Companies earn one point for every $10 spent on eligible itineraries from Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) and Miami (MIA). For complete details on eligible travel, visit www.businessextrAA.com.”
500 Points Enrollment Bonus
According to this thread on FlyerTalk, If you haven’t enrolled in BusinessExtrAA, you can score an additional 500 points for signing up. The sign-up site is here, and when you create your account, enter the referral code FLYAA, and you should find the points posted to your account 60 days after the end of the quarter in which you enroll. This code was originally created in November 2008, so I’m not sure it still works, but can’t hurt to try!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.