Three American Airlines Admirals Club Passes for $5 With BusinessExtrAA
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week, I wrote about airlines’ business frequent flyer programs, and it turns out that American Airlines sent out an email offering 1,000 bonus points to members of its ExtrAA Business program for signing up for an online marketing company called Vertical Response with the following link and spending $5 or more before May 31,2012. The easiest way to get to the $5 spend requirement is to purchase credits for 334 emails at $0.015 each, and you’re there.
This is a lucrative offer because the BusinessExtrAA program normally 1 point per $10 spent on AA airfare (from most airports except Dallas and Miami), so 1,000 points would be the equivalent of spending $10,000!
The 1,000 bonus ExtrAA points you earn are enough for 3 Admirals Club day passes (300 points each), or half of what you need for the lowest flight award, a roundtrip domestic ticket, which takes 2,000 ExtrAA points to redeem. So for $5 and two minutes’ time, you’ve earned half a roundtrip ticket. Not bad.
Then you can either leave your account open if you plan to use it (or not, it doesn’t cost anything just to have), or close it once your ExtrAA points post to your account—which might be all the way in June if the T&C that claim it will be 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends, so keep an eye out.
Hat tip: TPG reader Matt!
Here are the other T&C specific to this promotion:
“This offer is available only to recipients of the email sent by American Airlines to select Business ExtrAA® members and is valid through May 31, 2012. Promotional bonus points available for new VerticalResponse customers only, who provide the requested information using the enrollment site provided via link from this email (www.verticalresponse.com/AABizExtrAA) and complete a qualifying purchase with VerticalResponse of $5 or more between January 26, 2012, and May 31, 2012.
Points will post to your company’s Business ExtrAA account 6-8 weeks after promotion ends. Companies earn two points for every $10 spent for all qualifying tickets on American Airlines®, American Eagle® and AmericanConnection® carriers. Companies earn one point for every $10 spent on eligible itineraries from Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) and Miami (MIA). For complete details on eligible travel, visit www.businessextrAA.com.”
500 Points Enrollment Bonus
According to this thread on FlyerTalk, If you haven’t enrolled in BusinessExtrAA, you can score an additional 500 points for signing up. The sign-up site is here, and when you create your account, enter the referral code FLYAA, and you should find the points posted to your account 60 days after the end of the quarter in which you enroll. This code was originally created in November 2008, so I’m not sure it still works, but can’t hurt to try!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees