Sunday Reader Question: What Award Booking Sites Do You Recommend?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TPG reader Mike writes:
“I have a question on behalf of my coworker. She’s taking her family to Europe this summer and has a ton of AA and Avios miles and is having trouble using her miles to get her family over there using her miles and on business class. I’ve seen or heard of people like yourself who help plan travel for her for a fee. Do you have any recommendations of people who can help her book her trip using her miles (or miles and $) to help her get the best deals?”
I originally started TPG to advertise my award booking business, where I used to charge people $50 a ticket to help them use their miles and points to book their dream trips. This business was awesome because it allowed me to use years of knowledge of the frequent flyer world to help people book trips that they never would be possible.
However, award booking is extremely time intensive and after word started to spread, the business became unmanageable. I quickly learned that building an audience and teaching everyone tips and tricks would be a better use of my time than trying to crank out as many award bookings I could do without falling asleep at the computer. So in April 2011 I closed my award booking business and instead have focused on bringing quality content to the site every day. It’s a difficult task since I post 2-5 times a day, 365 days a year. However, it has paid off since readership has quadrupled since I shifted to full-time blogging.
That being said, who can you hire to help you book an award if you need a little help maximizing your miles?
I can personally vouch for three services because I know the owners and know they do quality work. However, if you run an award booking service and want to advertise it, please feel free to provide a link in the comments section.
1) Matthew at upgrd.com. I actually enlisted his help last year to assist me with this site’s overflow award booking requests. Matthew always follows through and is very client-focused. Price: $150 per person for one way or round-trip award redemptions. In addition you are responsible for paying any taxes or other fees due to the airline.
2) Pointspros.com. Ben, the voice behind the popular One Mile at a Time blog also runs this boutique award booking business. Pricing: $150 for the first passenger on any type of award. $100 for each additional passenger on the same general trip.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees