Save the Dates: New York Times Travel Show, The Freddies, Frequent Traveler University and Chicago Seminars
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’ll be speaking about maximizing miles and points at several upcoming events, so I wanted to personally invite TPG readers to each. I am speaking for free at all of these events, so my main goal is making sure the room isn’t empty when I start extolling the benefits of transferable points and how to get the most bang for your point! In all seriousness, I really enjoy meeting readers, so please feel free to attend any of these events and discuss our obsessive hobby with me – you know I won’t judge you like some of your friends and family might!
The Freddie Awards: Thursday April 26, 2012, held at the Renaissance Newark. Airport. This is the premier award ceremony for travel loyalty programs and millions of votes are cast by travelers around the world for their favorite airline, hotel and credit card promotions, starting February 15. Fellow blogger Gary Leff asked me to be on the nominations committee, so we’ve been working diligently behind the scenes to get the massive vote underway. I’ve arranged to get a table for TPG readers, so stay tuned on how you can snag a seat to the hottest award show in Newark!
Frequent Traveler University: Following the Freddies Friday-Sunday April 27-29, 2012, there will be workshops on miles and points by the top experts and many chances to meet representatives from the top airline and hotel programs. Registration opens February 10 at 4pm MST and more details will be posted on Milepoint here.
Chicago Seminars: October 12-14, 2012. This is another grassroots conference weekend with both beginner and advanced workshops on how to maximize the points and miles game. Registration will be up within the next week or so. I’m co-hosting the event with fellow blogger and friend Rick a.k.a The Frugal Travel Guy and it’s sure to be a great weekend filled with over 500 mileage
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees