Ritz-Carlton Promo: Free Night After Two Stays February 1 – April 15
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ritz-Carlton Rewards recently announced that starting January 13, 2012, existing members of the program and new members who were not previously enrolled in Marriott Rewards are eligible to receive a special offer. Members can receive a free night at a Tier 1-Tier 3 property when they register by March 1, 2012, and stay two times at participating Ritz-Carlton properties between February 1-April 15, 2012, up to a total benefit of two free nights.
How It Works
You must register for the promotion on the Ritz-Carlton website by March 1, 2012. To qualify, you must be an existing member of the program, or a new member who was not previously enrolled in Marriott Rewards.
Complete two stays at a participating Ritz-Carlton property between February 1-April 15, 2012, and receive a free night. You will receive a free night certificate 3-5 days after your second qualifying stay, and it will be valid for one year from the date of issuance.
The free night certificate is not transferrable and cannot be gifted. It may only be redeemed at Tier 1-Tier 3 properties (there are only 9 Tier 4-5 properties anyway—though they include ones I want to visit like the Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong and Shanghai Pudong!).
If you have some low-tier stays coming up, you can really reap a lot of value out of this promotion.
For instance, if you had a business trip to St. Louis coming up, you could book a room there in February for as low as $269 a night. The one in Seoul has rates starting at $315 in February. Both of these are Tier 1 hotels.
Then with some foresight, you can use that free night you earn to book a much more expensive Tier 3 room, like one in July at the Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel (one of Eric’s favorite Ritz-Carlton properties) that would ordinarily go for around $545 in the summertime; or visit the one in Moscow in September and redeem your free night for a room that would otherwise cost about $600. So that $269 night in St. Louis earned you a free $545 night in Laguna, saving you $276. Not bad.
Here are the Terms and Conditions in full from Ritz-Carlton.
Terms and Conditions: Registration is required. The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® members who register for this promotion by March 1, 2012 will earn one certificate for a complimentary night at a Tier 1-3 hotel after the completion of two paid stays between February 1 and April 15, 2012, up to a maximum of two complimentary night certificates. An earned complimentary night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay. Awards are not transferable and may not be given as a gift. Certificates will expire one year from date of issuance and other restrictions apply. A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Only one room per hotel per stay is counted toward earning for this promotion. Promotion excludes The Ritz-Carlton Millennia, Singapore, The Ritz-Carlton, Montreal, Phulay Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club®, The Ritz-Carlton Residences, and Partner Hotels. Members of The Ritz-Carlton Rewards program as of January 13, 2012 and new members who were not previously members of the Marriott Rewards® program are eligible to receive this offer. Offer is non-transferable, subject to availability, does not apply to groups, and cannot be combined with any other offer. All Ritz-Carlton Rewards terms and conditions apply .
Hat tip: Loyalty Traveler
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.