Targeted United Double Award Miles Promo (Not Elite)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TPG reader Greg just found the following promotion offering double award (not elite) miles in his United.com MileagePlus account under the “My Promotions” tab. My guess is that United is getting ready to announce this, but already loaded it in the system. I’ll be back to report when I know more, but please check your account and report whether you have the same promotion. I do not have elite status and do not have this promotion in my account and I get an error when I click the registration link.
If so, this will be a decent promo (though the cheapest fares are excluded) and it is not EQMs like American. But something is better than nothing!
“Learn more: Earn double award miles through January 31, 2011
|Ticketing dates: December 5, 2011
through January 31, 2012
Travel dates: December 5, 2011
through January 31, 2012
Offer:Register, purchase and fly qualifying roundtrips in first, business and select economy classes* on United® and Continental® between December 5, 2011 and January 31, 2012 and earn double award miles.
*Qualifying classes include classes F, A, J, C, D, Z, Y, B, M, E, U, H and Q
|Terms and conditions
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at Marriott and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,200 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.