I Just Earned 71 Miles Per Dollar for a Toy at Gilt.com!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There are literally almost too many deals to keep up with right now, and that is a fantastic problem to have! Yesterday I received an email from United MileagePlus telling me that I would receive 1,500 United miles if I joined Gilt.com/united to register and made a purchase. You have to be a new Gilt.com member (be creative if you must) in order to qualify for the bonus miles. I actually am a new Gilt.com member, so no alter ego was required for me.
The cheapest item I found was a pound of Aokubi Green Neck Daikon for $1.95. The only downside is that shipping for that item is a whooping $9.95. Still a decent deal for 1,500 miles, but I decided to buy something I actually need. Had I not needed a toy, I would have probably purchased a spice since shipping on those was less and I could make good use of a decent spice.
Since it is Christmas shopping time at my house, that was pretty easy. I bought a Melissa and Doug Alphabet Sound Puzzle to use as a gift. If you are shopping for little ones, Melissa and Doug makes some pretty great kid’s gifts. It came to $20.95 shipped. This same puzzle can currently be bought on Amazon for $14.53 shipped (if you have Amazon Prime), but I will gladly trade $6 for 1,500 United miles. If you look at the actual price I paid, I came in at 71 United miles per dollar for my purchase. Not too shabby!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.