I Just Earned 71 Miles Per Dollar for a Toy at Gilt.com!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There are literally almost too many deals to keep up with right now, and that is a fantastic problem to have! Yesterday I received an email from United MileagePlus telling me that I would receive 1,500 United miles if I joined Gilt.com/united to register and made a purchase. You have to be a new Gilt.com member (be creative if you must) in order to qualify for the bonus miles. I actually am a new Gilt.com member, so no alter ego was required for me.
The cheapest item I found was a pound of Aokubi Green Neck Daikon for $1.95. The only downside is that shipping for that item is a whooping $9.95. Still a decent deal for 1,500 miles, but I decided to buy something I actually need. Had I not needed a toy, I would have probably purchased a spice since shipping on those was less and I could make good use of a decent spice.
Since it is Christmas shopping time at my house, that was pretty easy. I bought a Melissa and Doug Alphabet Sound Puzzle to use as a gift. If you are shopping for little ones, Melissa and Doug makes some pretty great kid’s gifts. It came to $20.95 shipped. This same puzzle can currently be bought on Amazon for $14.53 shipped (if you have Amazon Prime), but I will gladly trade $6 for 1,500 United miles. If you look at the actual price I paid, I came in at 71 United miles per dollar for my purchase. Not too shabby!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees