Hyatt iPhone App Now Available
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s that saying – better late than never? Just kidding Hyatt, I’m very happy you finally launched an iPhone app (the Android app is still in development)! I haven’t gotten a chance to use it too much, but it’s got really sleek graphics and shows current reservations, Gold Passport balance and has the ability to book, check-in and check-out of hotels.
I’d like to have the ability to scroll through my Gold Passport account activity, right now it’s simply a statement summary. Also, it doesn’t let you see what type of rooms you have reserved – it simply shows check-in, check-out and number of rooms (and has a cancel button). I like the Starwood app, because it’ll show you the current room type you are in – including whether you’ve been upgraded. I have an upcoming stay where I used a Diamond Suite Upgrade certificate, so it would be nice to see that reflected in the reservation.
Oh well, it’s at least a good start! Though I do wish companies would invest less in flashiness and more in functionality, but I’m sure the good folks at Hyatt are already working on an update.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees