Hyatt iPhone App Now Available
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s that saying – better late than never? Just kidding Hyatt, I’m very happy you finally launched an iPhone app (the Android app is still in development)! I haven’t gotten a chance to use it too much, but it’s got really sleek graphics and shows current reservations, Gold Passport balance and has the ability to book, check-in and check-out of hotels.
I’d like to have the ability to scroll through my Gold Passport account activity, right now it’s simply a statement summary. Also, it doesn’t let you see what type of rooms you have reserved – it simply shows check-in, check-out and number of rooms (and has a cancel button). I like the Starwood app, because it’ll show you the current room type you are in – including whether you’ve been upgraded. I have an upcoming stay where I used a Diamond Suite Upgrade certificate, so it would be nice to see that reflected in the reservation.
Oh well, it’s at least a good start! Though I do wish companies would invest less in flashiness and more in functionality, but I’m sure the good folks at Hyatt are already working on an update.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees