Amazing Deal Alert- Super Cheap Skyteam Flights to Europe (As Low as $250 Total Roundtrip)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airline booking engines are notoriously buggy and sometimes they err in the favor of consumers and mis-price flights. Over the years, I’ve hopped on many of these fares (like the $149 Stockholm/Copenhagen bonanza earlier this year) and I’ve never had an issue with Delta/Skyteam honoring them.
Well, per this Flyertalk thread, KLM.com is currently pricing some itineraries to Europe extremely low. I won’t try to guess why, the bottom line is that you can get sub $400 roundtrip flights from many US cities to Europe.
However, there is one catch- you need to end your itinerary in Canada. However, it may be possible to route via your home hub and then take your Canadian flight at another time in the future.
So to book, just to go KLM.com and then select “Multiple destinations”. Then enter your home city to Europe and then somewhere in Europe (it can be the same city, but sometimes it’s better to choose a different city)- somewhere in Canada. If you can get the return flight to route through your home airport, all the better.
A Saturday night stay is required. This may take a little playing around with to get it to work, but you should get good results if you finesse it enough. These are N fares that earn 100% mileage with Delta, so not only is it a great way to go to Europe cheaply, but it can help you achieve elite status.
These deals never last long, but it’s late enough in the day/night that this should be around at least until morning. Do not call the airline- simply book these online and call it a day. Like I said, I’ve been on many of these cheap fares on Delta/Skyteam and I’ve never had an issue with them getting honored so just play it cool. In fact, on my last Copenhagen run on KLM, they placed me in their Premium Economy cabin for free (which I loved) since I am a Skyteam Elite Plus.
So, basically get tricky with this one. Apparently these fares are good well into 2012, so try a bunch of different dates and see the lowest you can get and please share your experience in the comments so you can help other TPG readers get cheap fares. If you find something you like book it- because no good deal lasts forever!
If you are a Delta flyer who is looking to bank some extra miles this card is a great addition for your wallet. While you'll earn 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases and 1 mile per dollar on everything else, you'll also have access to other perks like priority boarding, a first bag checked free and discounted Delta Sky Club access.
- Earn 30,000 Bonus Miles after spending $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Earn 2 miles on every dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile for every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
- Check your first bag free on Delta flights - that's a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four.
- Want even more flexibility? Pay with Miles is a Card Member feature that gives you the option to redeem miles for all or part of the price of your tickets on Delta.com.
- Settle into your seat sooner with Priority Boarding.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees