Follow Me on Twitter! (Shameless Plug to Help Me Hit 5,000 Followers)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you are sick of hearing about Twitter and think it’s a stupid fad that’s going away, you should actually check out some of the benefits:
1) I usually respond to people pretty quickly when they Tweet me (including @thepointsguy in a Tweet). However, if you email me, sometimes it can take days (or more – sorry!) because I get a crazy amount of email. I get far fewer Tweets, so its a better way to capture my attention if you have a quick question
2) There are a ton of other interesting people on Twitter and it’s perfect for people with short attention spans (like me!)
3) It’s actually a great resource for frequent travelers. Since it’s a public forum, it’s a great way to get the attention of major travel companies. Delta is way far ahead of the pack and can actually rebook you via their @Deltaassist customer care team! I recently Tweeted with HyattConcierge while on a plane to see if they could contact a hotel to see if I could check in early (which they did and confirmed for me).
Other travel Tweeters:
Who do you follow on Twitter?
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.