750 Free United Miles With MyPoints
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: I actually wrote about this in February and I did get the miles (along with another commenter) so it seems reasonable enough to assume these should post in about a month or so.
I recently got an email offer for 500 free United miles for signing up for MyPoints, but before I could sign up TPG reader foofiter tweeted me about a 750 point sign-up offer, which I happily jumped on. Sign-up link.
Once you sign up, I recommend verifying your email address (you’ll get an email with a link- you may want to create a new account, because you’ll probably get a good amount of spam) and then answering the first questionnaire which is made up of basic questions. That may be overkill, but I just wanted to make sure my account was fully active for the 30 days needed to get my points.
Remember, you can link your Continental and United accounts and transfer miles back and forth, so even if you don’t have a United account, you should create one so you capitalize on these types of offers while both programs still exist.
Per the T&C of this offer “After 30 days of active MyPoints membership, you will qualify for your 750 Mileage Plus bonus award miles.”
I don’t think I’ll really use MyPoints because it takes a lot of time and effort to accrue enough points that mean anything, but I’ll take the 750 free miles!
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at Marriott and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,200 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.