$1,040 Total Business Class Roundtrip Fares NY to Ecuador on Lan
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lan airlines (Oneworld South American airline partner) just announced a Labor Day sale and there are some pretty good deals.
I was pricing JFK – Ecuador and got all-in roundtrip prices around $1,040 for business class when plugging in JFK to Quito and Guayaquil, Ecuador. I’ve seen those routes have coach fares in that range, so for business class, this is a great deal. Most flights/cruises to the Galapagos leave from Quito, so this could be a good positioning flight. I’ve never been to Ecuador, but hear many good things.
Miami to Quito prices at $829 roundtrip total in business class.
Availability seems to be good throughout the fall (South America’s spring) and it’s a great time to visit with mild to warm temperatures. To put it in comparison, business class flights to Lima and Buenos Aires are all in the $7,000 range, so these Ecuador fares are pretty amazing. Book them before they are gone!
These book into Premium Business I class and for the Guayaquil-Quito legs in coach, it’s Y class. If you bank to American Airlines, I class gets 100% elite qualifying miles, 1.5 elite qualifying points and a 25% class of service bonus. Plus, if you book with an American Express® Gold Card you get 3x points (extra 3,000) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, you get 2x points on the airfare, so that’s another 2,000+ points!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.