US Airways Announces Return of Grand Slam Promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While details are scarce, US Airways announced that their Grand Slam promotion will be back “and better than ever” for 2011. If you’ve never done a Grand Slam – buckle up! Historically it’s been an easy way to earn thousands of US Airways miles relatively cheaply. It takes a lot of analysis and work, but in the end, last year I got over 200,000 miles for around $1,000 in spend. How’d I do it? I got a lot of credit for business travel that I already had planned and I worked this promo from my own account and for a friend under their account, since the usual maximum amount of bonus miles earned is 100,000.
You can take a look at my post from last year, but trust that I’ll be doing a full analysis and taking you all along on my journey to get as many miles as humanly possible. In general, get ready to order really cheap items from a ton of different retailers – last year I ordered a bunch of random items like wireless screen wipes, pink Sharpies, cheap wine club wine and jars of Biscoff spread (not so useless).
Since details haven’t been released, I can’t guarantee it’ll be as lucrative as years past, but here to hoping!
Hat tip TPG reader Charlie!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.