US Airways Announces Return of Grand Slam Promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While details are scarce, US Airways announced that their Grand Slam promotion will be back “and better than ever” for 2011. If you’ve never done a Grand Slam – buckle up! Historically it’s been an easy way to earn thousands of US Airways miles relatively cheaply. It takes a lot of analysis and work, but in the end, last year I got over 200,000 miles for around $1,000 in spend. How’d I do it? I got a lot of credit for business travel that I already had planned and I worked this promo from my own account and for a friend under their account, since the usual maximum amount of bonus miles earned is 100,000.
You can take a look at my post from last year, but trust that I’ll be doing a full analysis and taking you all along on my journey to get as many miles as humanly possible. In general, get ready to order really cheap items from a ton of different retailers – last year I ordered a bunch of random items like wireless screen wipes, pink Sharpies, cheap wine club wine and jars of Biscoff spread (not so useless).
Since details haven’t been released, I can’t guarantee it’ll be as lucrative as years past, but here to hoping!
Hat tip TPG reader Charlie!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees