US Airways Announces Return of Grand Slam Promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While details are scarce, US Airways announced that their Grand Slam promotion will be back “and better than ever” for 2011. If you’ve never done a Grand Slam – buckle up! Historically it’s been an easy way to earn thousands of US Airways miles relatively cheaply. It takes a lot of analysis and work, but in the end, last year I got over 200,000 miles for around $1,000 in spend. How’d I do it? I got a lot of credit for business travel that I already had planned and I worked this promo from my own account and for a friend under their account, since the usual maximum amount of bonus miles earned is 100,000.
You can take a look at my post from last year, but trust that I’ll be doing a full analysis and taking you all along on my journey to get as many miles as humanly possible. In general, get ready to order really cheap items from a ton of different retailers – last year I ordered a bunch of random items like wireless screen wipes, pink Sharpies, cheap wine club wine and jars of Biscoff spread (not so useless).
Since details haven’t been released, I can’t guarantee it’ll be as lucrative as years past, but here to hoping!
Hat tip TPG reader Charlie!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.