Up to 5,000 Bonus Points for Hotel Transfers to Aeroplan
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airlines often add incentives to transfer hotel points to them, because the hotel chains actually pay the airlines for the miles you get. From August 22 – Sept 18 Air Canada’s frequent flyer program Aeroplan is now offering up to 5,000 extra Aeroplan miles when you transfer the equivalent of 25,000 miles or hotel points into Aeroplan miles. Registration required.
Hotel points -> at least 5,000 Aeroplan = 1,000 bonus
Hotel points -> at least 10,000 Aeroplan = 2,000 bonus
Hotel points -> at least 25,000 Aeroplan = 5,000 bonus
Bonus can be earned once per hotel partner, who include:
Starwood Hotels & Resorts- Starwood Preferred Guest®
Best Western International® – Best Western Rewards®
Marriott® International – Marriott Rewards®
Hilton Worldwide® – Hilton HHonors®
InterContinental® Hotels Group – Priority Club® Rewards
Accor Hotels and Resorts – A|Club
CarlsonSM Hotels Worldwide – Club CarlsonSM
Choice Hotels International® – Choice Privileges®
Coast Hotels & Resorts – Coast Rewards
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® – Hyatt Gold Passport™
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts – Golden Circle
Wyndham Worldwide – Wyndham Rewards®
TPG reader Martin emailed me that he was excited for this promo, since he’d now have a good reason to transfer the Wyndham points he bought on the cheap, back in May during the Discover America promotion.
This also means 20,000 Starwood points transferred to Aeroplan would equate to 30,000 Aeroplan (5,000 Aeroplan bonus + 5,000 Starwood bonus when you transfer in 20,000 point increments +20,000 = 30,000). 20,000 points can get you a free night at a category 6 hotel (like W South Beach) or 2 nights at a category 4 property, so you should do a cost benefit analysis before you do a any transfer. If you want to do a business class trip to London, 1/3 of a roundtrip flight may be more valuable than 1 night at a high-end hotel. It all depends on how you value each currency.
Personally, I have enough Amex points/Airline miles that I generally use my hotel points for hotel stays, but this may make sense if you’ve got a bunch of hotel stays and need airline miles. Even though Aeroplan increased their award charts this summer, there are still decent values to be had, like their 90,000 mile business class award from North America to many places in Western Europe. Remember – you can redeem Aeroplan miles on all Star Alliance partners and they have very flexible routing rules, that include two stopovers and round-the-world routing.
As always, Loyalty Traveler has great analysis of this promo.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Maximum 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles can be earned per participating
partner loyalty program per Aeroplan Member during this promotion. To
be eligible for this offer, Aeroplan Member needs to register for the
promotion and convert hotel partner loyalty points between August 22
and September 18, 2011. Registration can be done after the conversion
as long as they are both within the promotional period. Bonus miles
will be credited to the member’s account by Aeroplan up to eight weeks
from the date the member makes his/her request with the partner.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees