Thousands of Free Miles for Free Sittercity Sign-Up
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Deal is dead!
Fresh off the trail of several other mileage mall bonuses comes an easy one that I also do not think is a mistake. Sittercity is a Craigslist-ish type site that allows people searching for child and pet care (and housekeepers) to find suitable help. I had never heard of it, but apparently a bunch of my mommy friends “like” it, because when I went to the site it showed me that a bunch of my friends like it on Facebook.
Anyway, they are offering a free trial and points whenever you complete a new parent registration form. I created a profile, which automatically brought me to a page asking to create a job posting, so to be safe I created one for someone to clean my apartment (not like I’m ever there). American, United and Delta are offering promos, but AA and United’s are clearer that you get the points after simply registering, whereas Delta’s just lists 1,500 points with no explanation of how they are earned.
2,515 miles via AAdvantage E-shopping homepage. Log-in and then search for SitterCity.
2,093.02 miles via United Mileageplus Shopping (not quite sure how they plan to award .02 miles)
1,500 miles via Delta Shopping Mall. Log-in on the left then search for SitterCity (there’s also a 25,000 Skymiles a week back to school contest on the main screen, so might as well register for that too). It doesn’t specify how you earn the 1,500 points, so I’m not sure if simply registering a profile will count.
I signed up via AA to be sure (plus 2,515 AA miles are worth roughly double 1,500 Skymiles to me). However, it may be possible to get multiple bonuses if you create separate profiles (preferably using different browsers to avoid cookie issues).
In any case, since no purchase is necessary this one seems to be a no-brainer. It took me approximately 3 minutes from start to finish and only 10 to create this post!
Hat tip Million Mile Secrets!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.