Reminder: Sunday is Last Day for 50,000 Southwest Point Southwest Visa Bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: bonus is now 25,000 points.
Just a friendly reminder that tomorrow (Sunday August 7, 2011) is the last day to apply for the Chase Southwest Premier Visa.
I did an analysis on the offer here and overall, if you fly Southwest on Wanna Get Away fares, this card could bonus translates into $833 towards flights, which isn’t bas since it only has a $99 annual fee (but awards 6,000 points a year year renewal bonus). The normal bonus is only 20,000, this is probably as good as we will get for a while.
I used to fly Southwest a lot in college between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh and I always had a good experience. They brought down the fares significantly on that route and the crews were always friendly. I didn’t mind their no-advanced seating policy on such a short flight and overall I liked their customer friendly policies, like a free checked bag and no penalty for changing a flight. While I personally don’t fly them much these days, I still think this is a great deal. Just note, that you should only apply for a Chase card once every 30 days (and even though you’ll probably have to call to get the card approved). Check out my analysis of the current Chase card offering.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.