Reminder: Sunday is Last Day for 50,000 Southwest Point Southwest Visa Bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: bonus is now 25,000 points.
Just a friendly reminder that tomorrow (Sunday August 7, 2011) is the last day to apply for the Chase Southwest Premier Visa.
I did an analysis on the offer here and overall, if you fly Southwest on Wanna Get Away fares, this card could bonus translates into $833 towards flights, which isn’t bas since it only has a $99 annual fee (but awards 6,000 points a year year renewal bonus). The normal bonus is only 20,000, this is probably as good as we will get for a while.
I used to fly Southwest a lot in college between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh and I always had a good experience. They brought down the fares significantly on that route and the crews were always friendly. I didn’t mind their no-advanced seating policy on such a short flight and overall I liked their customer friendly policies, like a free checked bag and no penalty for changing a flight. While I personally don’t fly them much these days, I still think this is a great deal. Just note, that you should only apply for a Chase card once every 30 days (and even though you’ll probably have to call to get the card approved). Check out my analysis of the current Chase card offering.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees