Reminder: Sunday is Last Day for 50,000 Southwest Point Southwest Visa Bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: bonus is now 25,000 points.
Just a friendly reminder that tomorrow (Sunday August 7, 2011) is the last day to apply for the Chase Southwest Premier Visa.
I did an analysis on the offer here and overall, if you fly Southwest on Wanna Get Away fares, this card could bonus translates into $833 towards flights, which isn’t bas since it only has a $99 annual fee (but awards 6,000 points a year year renewal bonus). The normal bonus is only 20,000, this is probably as good as we will get for a while.
I used to fly Southwest a lot in college between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh and I always had a good experience. They brought down the fares significantly on that route and the crews were always friendly. I didn’t mind their no-advanced seating policy on such a short flight and overall I liked their customer friendly policies, like a free checked bag and no penalty for changing a flight. While I personally don’t fly them much these days, I still think this is a great deal. Just note, that you should only apply for a Chase card once every 30 days (and even though you’ll probably have to call to get the card approved). Check out my analysis of the current Chase card offering.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.