Reminder: 150,000 AA Miles Courtesy of Citi Still Alive
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Just a friendly reminder that the 75,000 mile sign-up bonuses for the Citi American Express and Visa American Airlines cards are still active. You can (like I did) apply for both on the same day and you’ll only have 1 inquiry hit your credit. Both have the annual fees waived for the first year, and have $1,500 and $4,000 spend requirements respectively.
So, in essence it’s an easy 150,000 American miles, which is more than enough to get you Europe roundtrip off-peak nearly 4 times or fly 6 domestic coach roundtrips! American still currently counts all miles earned (including credit card miles) towards lifetime elite status, so getting these two cards will get you 15% of the way to lifetime Gold status – without ever stepping foot on a plane! All for 2 simple credit card sign-ups – pretty amazing.
Before you apply, read my post on the deal. It will require you to trust that it’s still live because the bonus won’t show on the application page, but read through the 160+ comments of all the successful TPG readers who have gotten in (including me) and please leave a comment on your experience.
And remember, once you have a Citi AA credit card, you can get reduced price domestic awards – 45,000 for first class and 20,000 for coach to rotating cities. Check out the current list here.
Another top deal for AA miles is the Starwood American Express card, which has a limited-time 30,000 point bonus after $4,500 spend within 3 months (annual fee waived the first year). Update: 30k bonus expired 8/22/11 This deal expires August 22, 2011 and I wrote about it in more detail here. Starwood gives a 5,000 point bonus per 20,000 points you you transfer to a number of different airlines (including AA), so if you got your Starwood account up to 40,000 points, they would transfer into 50,000 AA miles. With a little bit of coordinated effort (especially around the spend requirements), you could easily have over 200,000 AA miles – just from 3 credit cards. Check out this post for maximizing AA awards.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees