Reminder: 150,000 AA Miles Courtesy of Citi Still Alive
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner
Just a friendly reminder that the 75,000 mile sign-up bonuses for the Citi American Express and Visa American Airlines cards are still active. You can (like I did) apply for both on the same day and you’ll only have 1 inquiry hit your credit. Both have the annual fees waived for the first year, and have $1,500 and $4,000 spend requirements respectively.
So, in essence it’s an easy 150,000 American miles, which is more than enough to get you Europe roundtrip off-peak nearly 4 times or fly 6 domestic coach roundtrips! American still currently counts all miles earned (including credit card miles) towards lifetime elite status, so getting these two cards will get you 15% of the way to lifetime Gold status – without ever stepping foot on a plane! All for 2 simple credit card sign-ups – pretty amazing.
Before you apply, read my post on the deal. It will require you to trust that it’s still live because the bonus won’t show on the application page, but read through the 160+ comments of all the successful TPG readers who have gotten in (including me) and please leave a comment on your experience.
And remember, once you have a Citi AA credit card, you can get reduced price domestic awards – 45,000 for first class and 20,000 for coach to rotating cities. Check out the current list here.
Another top deal for AA miles is the Starwood American Express card, which has a limited-time 30,000 point bonus after $4,500 spend within 3 months (annual fee waived the first year). Update: 30k bonus expired 8/22/11 This deal expires August 22, 2011 and I wrote about it in more detail here. Starwood gives a 5,000 point bonus per 20,000 points you you transfer to a number of different airlines (including AA), so if you got your Starwood account up to 40,000 points, they would transfer into 50,000 AA miles. With a little bit of coordinated effort (especially around the spend requirements), you could easily have over 200,000 AA miles – just from 3 credit cards. Check out this post for maximizing AA awards.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees