New Credit Card Tab and Capital One Products
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Earlier this year, I started the Top Deals page, which features the top credit card and airline/hotel/miscellaneous offers and promotions. This page quickly became the #1 most visited page of the site and the feedback I’ve gotten is to continue organizing as much information in one place as possible so you can make the most informed decisions on which credit cards and promotions are best for you.
Specifically with credit cards, there is often a lot more detail and information than I can fit on my Top Deals page, so I recently added a Credit Cards tab to the site navigation panel at the top of your screen. This way, you can view different types of rewards cards with more information- like APR and balance transfer information. Note: the cards listed are not all of the best deals – I still recommend you reference the Top Deals page for that, but this is more of a comparison tool so you can review all of the information of a card compared to others.
I’m also excited to announce that I now offer Capital One credit cards via the Credit Cards tab. Capital One cards are the original “no hassle” rewards cards. For example, on the Venture card, you earn 2 points per dollar spent and each point is worth a penny towards travel. Essentially it’s a 2% return (to be used for travel) on all of your spend. While it’s possible to get more than 2% return on your spend by accruing miles and points that can be transferred into airline and hotel programs, Capital One cards generally don’t come with high annual fees and none of them have foreign transaction fees.
If you redeem for coach domestic travel, you should definitely look into a Capital One card. Instead of trying to find 25,000 mile saver award seats, 25,000 Capital One points will get you $250 towards flights (and remember you earn 2x points on every dollar spent, which is much more generous than most mileage earning cards), plus you earn miles and elite status on flights redeemed using your Capital One points. While the math may not work out for someone who wants to redeem for international first class seats, Capital One cards can make sense for many people, including families who need the flexibility to book multiple seats on non-stop flights or people who need their award tickets to help them earn elite status.
If you want to check out the different Capital One cards, their premier card- Venture- is listed under airlines, there are a couple under cash-back and then all others are under the “Other” category. If you have less-than perfect credit and want to increase your score so you can get in on the big credit card bonuses, check out the Capital One Secured Mastercard (under the Other category), which will help you rebuild your FICO score by reporting your on-time payments regularly to the credit bureaus.
As always, I really appreciate you using my links if you do end up getting a card that makes sense for you. If you ever have questions on what card might make the most sense, feel free to email me.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees