It’s Back! 100% Bonus on US Airways Miles Purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
US Airways is known for selling their miles at firesale prices and they just announced yet another 100% buy miles promotion until September 15, 2011.
The great thing about this is that you don’t have to redeem those miles on US Airways – you can use them for flights on all 27 Star Alliance airlines: Adria Airways, Aegean Airlines, Air Canada, Air China, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Austrian Airlines, Blue1, BMI, Brussels Airlines, Continental Airlines, Croatia Airlines, EgyptAir, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, SAS, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, Spanair, Swiss International Air Lines, TAM Airlines, TAP Portugal, Thai Airways International, Turkish Airlines and United Airlines.
and other US Airways partners are: Bahamasair, Hawaiian Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Jet, Qatar Airways and Royal Jordanian.
The maximum amount of bonus miles per account is 50,000, so 100,000 miles will cost $1,478. 100,000 miles will get you from North America to Europe in business class roundtrip (60,000 for coach). 60,000 miles will get you to Europe in business class roundtrip, off-peak (Jan/Feb). 90,000 miles will get you from North America to North Asia (China, Hong Kong, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Macau, Mongolia, S. Korea, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan) and 110,000 is North America to Africa in business class (60,000 for coach).
Overall, this is a great deal but do the math and check Star Alliance award availability (Continental.com, Aeroplan.com or using the ANA tool) for those flights you want before you buy. The bonus does post immediately, but you need to have had a Dividend Miles account for at least 12 days. If you don’t have a Dividend Miles account, you can open one here for free.
I bought $1,478 worth of US Airways miles in June, so I’ll probably sit this one out, though I’ll probably help a bunch of clients and family/friends take advantage of it. As always, feel free to ask any questions in the comments section.
Hat tip TPG reader Larry!
Offer available for purchases made between August 8 and September 15, 2011, 11:59 MT. All purchases are non-refundable. Bonus mile amounts will be awarded upon completion of the transaction. The maximum number of Buy Bonus miles that can be received by one member for this offer is 50,000 bonus miles. All miles purchased beyond this limit will not be eligible for a bonus. Offer is subject to change. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Only purchases made online are eligible for the bonus. Miles purchased through Buy, Share or Gift Miles do not count towards Dividend Miles Preferred status. All other Dividend Miles Terms and Conditions apply. Please note that Dividend Miles accounts less than 12 days old are not permitted to Buy, Share or Gift miles. Award seats are capacity controlled and may not be available for the requested dates or mileage amounts.
Miles are sold for $0.0275 per mile plus a tax recovery charge of 7.5%. GST/HST will be charged to Canadian residents. Miles purchased through Buy, Share or Gift Miles do not count towards Dividend Miles Preferred status. All other Dividend Miles Terms and Conditions apply. Please note that Dividend Miles accounts less than 12 days old are not permitted to Buy, Share or Gift Miles. All purchases are non-refundable.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.