Discounted Thanksgiving Business Class Fares to Europe
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For the past couple years, I’ve noticed that airlines deeply discount business class travel to Europe. While I’ve always had plans that kept me in the US for the holiday, I’ve always been tempted to book a weekend trip to Europe over Thanksgiving, if anything to boost my elite status.
I checked and I’m once again seeing low business class fares for Thanksgiving weekend and the great thing is most of them will let you leave on the Friday after Thanksgiving so you can still enjoy your turkey at home and then jet off to Europe. Play around with your airline’s flexible search tools to get the best deals. For Delta, I always use the flexible weekend search which is at Delta.com –> Planning Tools -> Book a flight and then select “Flexible dates” and do Flexible weekend search.
Thanksgiving Business Class Fares
JFK-Dublin $1,380 total roundtrip (9,540 MQMs)
JFK-London $1,477 total roundtrip (10,300 MQMs)
JFK-Paris $2,047 total roundtrip (11,668 MQMs)
Atlanta-London $2,133 total roundtrip (12,636 MQMs via JFK)
Los Angeles-London $2,215 total roundtrip (18,470 MQMs)
Miami-London $2,258 total roundtrip (13,626 MQMs via JFK)
Newark-London $1,476 total roundtrip (10,398 EQMs)
Chicago- London $1,876 total roundtrip (11,859 EQMs)
Washington Dulles-Paris $1,957 total roundtrip (12,225 EQMs via EWR)
San Francisco-Dublin $2,194 total roundtrip (16,646 EQMs via EWR)
Los Angeles-London $2,287 total roundtrip (18, 639 EQMs via Houston)
I couldn’t get AA.com to price out at the $1,470ish price, but Expedia.com pulled up Iberia coded options that are actually operated by American for $1,476 total roundtrip JFK-London.
I’m sure there are many other options out there, so feel free to report your success/failure at getting cheap business class fares from your city.
While these aren’t super cheap and the cents per mile don’t make them full fledged mileage runs, since they are in business class and generally accrue 50% more elite miles, they are perfect for the busy traveler who is short on time and is willing to pay a premium for comfort. Most airlines have their premium lie-flat business class products on London routes.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees