And the Winner of the 100,000 Starpoints Is…
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With 21% of the vote, Travelhackerr – congratulations! 1,138 votes were cast in total over the 24 hours, with the breakdown being:
- Travelhackerr’s Plan to Propose and then Honeymoon (21%, 242 Votes)
- David Hagins Family Trip to Aruba (17%, 199 Votes)
- Cory’s Family Beach and Snow Trips (16%, 184 Votes)
- KirstenE’s Family Trip to Hawaii (15%, 168 Votes)
- SajerGuy’s Golf Trip to Macau (9%, 108 Votes)
- TriciaC’s Return to Japan (9%, 103 Votes)
- Mitch’s Analytical Trip to India (5%, 53 Votes)
- Heather’s Tour de Points (3%, 34 Votes)
- Joey’s Trip to Paris (2%, 25 Votes)
- Coldlimit’s Foodie Tour of Asia (3%, 22 Votes)
Hopefully you will write a guest blog post about your experience, especially with the proposal! Best of luck to you and I hope you get the answer you want.
As for everyone else, I was so impressed with your entries, I don’t want you walking away empty-handed. As I mentioned when I first posted this promotion, American Express is giving me 100,000 Starpoints to run this promotion. While I cannot split up that prize and give you all the points (like I originally wanted to), I am going to give runners-up 2-10 each a $100 American Express Gift cards and I’ll be donating $250 to the Red Cross (since that seemed to be a very popular charity choice in the entries).
TPG Membership Liaison Danielle will be in touch shortly to get your information. I really appreciate everyone playing along and I hope you all learned a thing or two about using SPG points and why the 30,000 point sign-up bonus is a really good deal. Update: 30k bonus expired 8/22/11
Now, how am I going to use the 100,000 Starpoints? It’s actually pretty simple.
I’ve never been to Hawaii (shocker, I know) nor have I stayed at a St. Regis. I’d plan an 8 day rest and relaxation trip as follows:
I’d redeem 80,000 of the points to spend 5 nights at the The St. Regis Princeville Resort on Kauai and then spend the other 20,000 on Cash + Points stays on the other islands. In typical TPG planning, I’ll reach out to my immensely resourceful readers to craft the overall trip, but I was thinking The Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort Villas for 2 nights on Maui at 8,000 points + $150 a night and then a final night on Honoluluat the Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, Waikiki Beach for 4,800 points and $90. I realize that brings me to 100,800 points, but just as easily as I make the rules, I’m allowed to break them :-)
I have trips to Peru and Puerto Rico to plan first, but expect expect a full TPG Does Hawaii series in the future!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees