50% Off British Airways Coach and Premium Economy Award Tickets
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways just sent out an email announcing 50% off award redemptions. However, it’s only on British Airways flights and only for economy, premium economy or intra-European business class awards.
Dear Mr Kelly,
“Get 50% off with your BA Miles. Wherever you want your reward flight to take you, you’ll need 50% fewer BA Miles if you book by 12 August 2011.
So you can go either sooner or further than you expected. And use 50% fewer BA Miles on British Airways, whether you fly in World Traveller, World Traveller Plus, Euro Traveller or Club Europe.
If you’ve got a promising collection of BA Miles, this is too good to miss. Just pick a destination on your must-go list and book before the ten days are up.”
From my understanding, you have to use a special link to get you to the reduced priced awards. This link will take you to your account log-in and since this offer is most likely targeted, so be surprised if it doesn’t work for you.
For those unfamiliar with British Airways lingo, World Traveller = long-haul coach (like Chicago to London), World Traveller Plus = Premium Economy and Euro Traveller = Coach within Europe, Club Europe= Business class (glorified coach, like Air France’s intra-Europe business class) within Europe.
I tried pricing out some sample trips, but not surprisingly britishairways.com is giving me tons of errors (I assume their servers are overloaded with people trying to get in on this deal). The website is volatile on even the slowest of days, so I’m going to wait a little bit, but I’ll come back with some analysis on whether this is worth it, considering high fuel surcharges. For example, even if you can get a coach round-trip to Europe for 25,000 miles roundtrip- is it still worth it if there are $550 in taxes and fees? It very well may, but I want to pull up specific examples, so stay tuned! This offer is good until August 12, so we have some time to strategize on the best redemption opportunities.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees