3x Amex Membership Rewards Points for NYC Dining and Shopping
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
August and September are notoriously big months for shopping and dining for NYers – everyone returns from their summer getaways and gets back to business. Many are going back to school and the fashion crowd ramps up for Fashion Week.
Capitalizing on all that primed buying power, American Express is now offering 3x Membership Rewards points for shopping and dining at over 200 retailers and restaurants from August 1- September 15, 2011. All you need to do in enroll your eligible card here and you’ll start getting the points automatically when you make charges at participating merchants.
You can browse the full list of participants here, but for a quick hit list of my personal favorites, and where you’ll find me racking up those triple points in the next month, take a look below, and let me know where you’ll be headed!
Restaurants I’ve been to and I like:
-Barbuto: Great place for wine and good Italian. Just south of the Meatpacking district, so a great place to go after working up an appetite walking the High Line.
-Bond St: Good scene, good sushi.
-Centro Vinoteca: Reasonable and a good place to meet friends in the Village.
-Les Halles: Good French food in Gramercy.
-Nobu: Haven’t actually been, but just ate at Matsuhisa in LA and am in love with the famous Nobu salad.
-The River Cafe: Unbelievable dining experience in Brooklyn, right below the Brooklyn Bridge. If you need to impress someone, take them here.
-Brooklyn Industries: Not just because I live in Brooklyn! I’ve gotten some great casual clothes and one of my favorite in-flight zip-up hoodies for when the plane air-conditioning is on steroids.
-Saks: My go-to NYC store. I almost always get really nice designer stuff on major sale. I’m not just a deal hound when it comes to travel!
-Tourneau- Columbus Circle: As I’ve written about before, I’m on the market for a nice watch, so this 3x points promotion is nicely timed … no pun intended.
Broadway Shows I want to see:
-Book of Mormon
-Priscilla Queen of the Desert
-Great Jones Spa
-NY Water Taxi: Extend your summer by having drinks at the beach bar!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees