Reminder: Aeroplan Increases Most Award Levels Tomorrow
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just a friendly reminder that Aeroplan increases their award chart redemption levels tomorrow. I wrote about the subject here, so you may want to book an award today if you have Star Alliance award travel in your plans. Remember, American Express Membership Rewards points transfer instantly to Aeroplan, so you have time to act. If needed, Platinum Card members can advance up to 60,000 points and most regular Amex customers 15,000 (except for corporate). For those savvy TPGers who bumped their Platinum bonuses to 100,000, you can get an around the world trip with stops in Asia and Europe, crossing both oceans, in business class for those 100k! Not bad for a $450 annual fee.
Also remember that Aeroplan has ridiculously lax routing rules – allowing 2 stopovers and around-the-world routing, which I’ve written about here. Get creative!
It’s $90CAD to cancel/change an award once you’ve booked. It may make sense to pay that, though they’ll probably make you pay the increased amount of miles if you change your award in the future. Aeroplan Award T&C.
If you don’t have an Aeroplan account and you have an American Express card with Membership Rewards (Platinum/Premier Rewards ($195 annual fee currently waived for the first year)/Gold/Corporate/Green, etc), then I highly recommend getting one, because they will be one of the main ways to book Star Alliance awards once Continental leaves Membership Rewards September 30, 2011.
New account sign-up link.
Then go to membershiprewards.com -> Points Summary -> Link (NOT ENROLL) additional programs and then enter your Aeroplan info. Once linked, you can transfer points in 1,000 increments instantly.
Thanks to One Mile at a Time for the reminder!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.