Reminder: Aeroplan Increases Most Award Levels Tomorrow
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just a friendly reminder that Aeroplan increases their award chart redemption levels tomorrow. I wrote about the subject here, so you may want to book an award today if you have Star Alliance award travel in your plans. Remember, American Express Membership Rewards points transfer instantly to Aeroplan, so you have time to act. If needed, Platinum Card members can advance up to 60,000 points and most regular Amex customers 15,000 (except for corporate). For those savvy TPGers who bumped their Platinum bonuses to 100,000, you can get an around the world trip with stops in Asia and Europe, crossing both oceans, in business class for those 100k! Not bad for a $450 annual fee.
Also remember that Aeroplan has ridiculously lax routing rules – allowing 2 stopovers and around-the-world routing, which I’ve written about here. Get creative!
It’s $90CAD to cancel/change an award once you’ve booked. It may make sense to pay that, though they’ll probably make you pay the increased amount of miles if you change your award in the future. Aeroplan Award T&C.
If you don’t have an Aeroplan account and you have an American Express card with Membership Rewards (Platinum/Premier Rewards ($195 annual fee currently waived for the first year)/Gold/Corporate/Green, etc), then I highly recommend getting one, because they will be one of the main ways to book Star Alliance awards once Continental leaves Membership Rewards September 30, 2011.
New account sign-up link.
Then go to membershiprewards.com -> Points Summary -> Link (NOT ENROLL) additional programs and then enter your Aeroplan info. Once linked, you can transfer points in 1,000 increments instantly.
Thanks to One Mile at a Time for the reminder!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees