New Comment System Disqus Installed
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Perhaps the thing I love most about running The Points Guy is the discussions I’m able to have with all of you. Even though I’ve only met a handful of you in person (and hope to meet more in the future), I still feel like I “know” many of you. The camaraderie and knowledge sharing continues to amaze me and I personally learn so much from all of you – usually via the comments.
Recently several TPG readers have emailed me recommending I install Disqus, which is a pretty nifty company that provides a smarter platform for managing blog comments. This was timely because I’ve received some feedback that some people are having difficulty posting comments. After asking around and doing some research, it seems like the right choice since the level of discussion has been increasing every day. Important Note: You do not have to sign up for a Disqus account in order to leave comments, though it will probably make your life easier, especially because I foresee more blogs moving to this platform.
FYI: all old comments will be saved, but there may be a short time when they are unavailable as the systems sync.
Some benefits of Disqus:
1) Ability to “like” comments (on some posts where there are 100+ comments, this will allow you to sort to the most relevant)
2) Ability to subscribe only to responses to your comment
3) You can manage your comments and edit them at your discretion
4) Add video/pictures to comments. This could get interesting :-)
5) Disqus will make sure your comments don’t get lost or marked as spam
Overall, this will help me identify the most popular discussion areas and hopefully respond to your comments better – and to continue facilitating a discussion around the topics we love.
So, it’s been installed, but if we hate it I can uninstall it so please feel free to comment with your thoughts. Have a great 4th of July weekend – I’ll be celebrating in Madrid!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees