Mid Year Hotel Elite Status Check-in: How Have You Fared So Far?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yesterday’s airline elite status check-in post was a really interesting read, so I figured I’d start another on hotel status. I am currently working on requalifying for Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum and Priority Club Platinum/Intercontinental Royal Ambassador and I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I have a lot of travel coming up, but for the first half of the year I didn’t have many stays because I was working on a team that did not require extensive travel (which was a huge change for me).
Now that I’m doing TPG full-time, I can work from anywhere, so I plan to do a ton of travel this fall and I’ve heard I’ll be getting Hyatt Diamond for participating in the Star Mega Do 3 (ps: stay tuned for a special giveaway coming soon ;-) ). That would be nice to get my Hyatt qualification out of the way so I can re-up my Starwood and IHG.
However, am I missing the boat with not focusing on the others like Hilton or Marriott? Please share your thoughts below on what you find valuable in your hotel elite status. In traditional fashion, I’ll start! Also, expect an updated post with hotel status/challenge match information to come. I’m currently working with limited wi-fi here in Mauritius.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees