Mid Year Hotel Elite Status Check-in: How Have You Fared So Far?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yesterday’s airline elite status check-in post was a really interesting read, so I figured I’d start another on hotel status. I am currently working on requalifying for Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum and Priority Club Platinum/Intercontinental Royal Ambassador and I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I have a lot of travel coming up, but for the first half of the year I didn’t have many stays because I was working on a team that did not require extensive travel (which was a huge change for me).
Now that I’m doing TPG full-time, I can work from anywhere, so I plan to do a ton of travel this fall and I’ve heard I’ll be getting Hyatt Diamond for participating in the Star Mega Do 3 (ps: stay tuned for a special giveaway coming soon ;-) ). That would be nice to get my Hyatt qualification out of the way so I can re-up my Starwood and IHG.
However, am I missing the boat with not focusing on the others like Hilton or Marriott? Please share your thoughts below on what you find valuable in your hotel elite status. In traditional fashion, I’ll start! Also, expect an updated post with hotel status/challenge match information to come. I’m currently working with limited wi-fi here in Mauritius.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.