Hyatt Extends Diamond Late Checkout to 4pm, New Category Changes Coming September 1
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
There are two major pieces of news for Hyatt fans today:
1) As of today, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond members will now be able to enjoy a 4:00pm late checkout rather than a 2:00pm late checkout. Late checkout is subject to availability at resorts and casino hotels. This is great news, because I always find it like pulling teeth to have Hyatt hotels to extend check-out past 2pm, so I applaud this change (though I wish they would get rid of the resort/casino exclusion).
2) A new award chart will go into effect September 1, 2011 and while the changes won't be listed on Hyatt.com until August 4, they've released the list of hotels that will be changing categories to people on their press list. 18 hotels will be moving to a lower category and 25 hotels will be moving to a higher category. While it isn't a good thing to see more increasing than falling, there is no new category high tier being added, which is good news. Top tier hotels like Park Hyatt Paris and Maldives are still only 22,000 points, which means the first year fee-waived Chase Sapphire Preferred card with a 50,000 point sign up bonus (which can be transferred to Hyatt instantly at 1:1 ratio), still gets you 2+ nights at top hotels.
There are also two smaller enhancements to the Gold Passport Diamond level:
1) Diamond members will receive a nightly room refresh to ensure that their stay is as comfortable and luxurious as possible. This includes light housekeeping and bedroom turndown service. This service has previously been offered to Diamond and Courtesy Card members during their stay, but it is now being communicated as an additional benefit of these membership tiers.
2) Diamond members can now enjoy a new welcome amenity at Hyatt Place and Hyatt Summerfield Suites hotels; a) enjoy a complimentary beverage (including alcohol except where prohibited by law) at Hyatt Place and b) a USD$5 credit at the Guest Market at Hyatt Summerfield Suites hotels, or, members can continue to choose 500 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points as their amenity for stays at either brand. I highly recommend the 500 points over the $5 options.
Top offers from our partners
How we chose these cards
- Learn Moreabout Credit One Bank Wander® CardTerms Apply