Hurry Up: Magellan Private Jet “Sale” at Ruelala.com!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dust off your Platinum/Centurion/Titanium/Palladium/Whatever cards and pray these charges go through: Ruelala.com (one of my favorite discount online luxury good retailers) is selling “discount” packages on Magellan private jets. Unfortunately, these were a bit out of my price range, but it was interesting to see how much jet rental costs. To see for yourself you need to be invited for site access, which you can do so instantly using my link.
Let’s take a look at the offering:
25 Hours of flight time on a seven passenger small jet:
- A twenty five-hour Jet Card to be used toward domestic flights on a Beechjet 400A aircraft from Magellan Jets. This jet can seat seven passengers with a range of 1,748 miles. Travel is available beginning July 30, 2011; all travel must be scheduled by July 30, 2012. Card is valid for domestic travel with a minimum duration of two hours.
- A $12,500 fuel surcharge is included in purchase price. (And we thought British Airways had high fuel surcharges!) As a client of Magellan Jets, you’ll also receive access to an aircraft with only 24 hours notice and no repositioning costs.
You may take-off from any public airport (with a 5,000-foot runway) of your choosing, and Magellan Jets will arrange the specific details of your flight. Ground transportation to and from the airport is not included in purchase price, but may be arranged through Magellan Jets at an additional cost after purchase.
Please note: Federal excise tax is not included (I wonder if this is waived while the government has it’s budget meltdown/ FAA freeze?)
Other jet prices for 25 hour blocks:
Mid size (6-8 passengers)- Lear 60 or Hawker 800: $131,000, Hawker 800 XP: $142,750
Super mid-size (8 passengers)- Citation X $178,450 or Challenger 300: $195,000
Large jets (10 passengers)– Challenger 604: $212,200 Gulfsteam IV:$277,280 Gulfstream 450: $346,250
I’ve yet to fly private, but would love to hear the thoughts of the TPG readers who have. I most likely won’t be able to afford this luxury anytime soon (even with these “sale” prices), though who needs it when you are a Delta Diamond?!
But seriously, if anyone does have any private jet time, I can make myself available on a moments notice and I promise to be a good seat mate!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.