Hurry Up: Magellan Private Jet “Sale” at Ruelala.com!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dust off your Platinum/Centurion/Titanium/Palladium/Whatever cards and pray these charges go through: Ruelala.com (one of my favorite discount online luxury good retailers) is selling “discount” packages on Magellan private jets. Unfortunately, these were a bit out of my price range, but it was interesting to see how much jet rental costs. To see for yourself you need to be invited for site access, which you can do so instantly using my link.
Let’s take a look at the offering:
25 Hours of flight time on a seven passenger small jet:
- A twenty five-hour Jet Card to be used toward domestic flights on a Beechjet 400A aircraft from Magellan Jets. This jet can seat seven passengers with a range of 1,748 miles. Travel is available beginning July 30, 2011; all travel must be scheduled by July 30, 2012. Card is valid for domestic travel with a minimum duration of two hours.
- A $12,500 fuel surcharge is included in purchase price. (And we thought British Airways had high fuel surcharges!) As a client of Magellan Jets, you’ll also receive access to an aircraft with only 24 hours notice and no repositioning costs.
You may take-off from any public airport (with a 5,000-foot runway) of your choosing, and Magellan Jets will arrange the specific details of your flight. Ground transportation to and from the airport is not included in purchase price, but may be arranged through Magellan Jets at an additional cost after purchase.
Please note: Federal excise tax is not included (I wonder if this is waived while the government has it’s budget meltdown/ FAA freeze?)
Other jet prices for 25 hour blocks:
Mid size (6-8 passengers)- Lear 60 or Hawker 800: $131,000, Hawker 800 XP: $142,750
Super mid-size (8 passengers)- Citation X $178,450 or Challenger 300: $195,000
Large jets (10 passengers)– Challenger 604: $212,200 Gulfsteam IV:$277,280 Gulfstream 450: $346,250
I’ve yet to fly private, but would love to hear the thoughts of the TPG readers who have. I most likely won’t be able to afford this luxury anytime soon (even with these “sale” prices), though who needs it when you are a Delta Diamond?!
But seriously, if anyone does have any private jet time, I can make myself available on a moments notice and I promise to be a good seat mate!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees