Reminder- Last Week to Purchase US Airways Miles at 100% Bonus
Just a friendly reminder that the 100% bonus on US Airways miles ends on Thursday June 30, 2011 (see my original post on the deal). Link to buy miles.
If you aren't sure whether this makes sense for you, ask yourself the following questions:
1) Would I pay $1,330 to fly business class to Tokyo?
2) Would I pay $1,478 to fly business class to Europe?
3) Would I pay $886 to fly business class to Europe in the off-peak season (January/February)?
4) Would I pay $369.50 for a domestic coach roundtrip?
If you answered yes to any of these, you may want to look into buying the miles needed. Check out the US Airways' award and upgrade charts on my master list of award charts.
Before jumping in and purchasing miles, I'd recommend checking availability to see if there are Star Alliance flights needed on your dates. There are three tools I recommend:
1) Continental.com (just make sure you don't include the Virgin Atlantic availability you see in the results)
2) ANA Tool
No registration is needed, but you can only make one purchase per account with a maximum of 50,000 miles (100,000 miles with the 100% bonus).
And remember, you do not earn miles on award tickets, so if earning elite status is important to you, buying US Airways miles may not be the way to go. However, if you like to ride in premium cabins for the price you'd normally pay (or less) to fly in coach, then I highly recommend doing the math and considering this promotion.
Even though I have several hundred thousand Dividend Miles laying around from their Grand Slam and other assorted promos, I'm still going to buy the maximum amount allowed, because I do think this is an all around good deal.