Reminder- Last Week to Purchase US Airways Miles at 100% Bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just a friendly reminder that the 100% bonus on US Airways miles ends on Thursday June 30, 2011 (see my original post on the deal). Link to buy miles.
If you aren’t sure whether this makes sense for you, ask yourself the following questions:
1) Would I pay $1,330 to fly business class to Tokyo?
2) Would I pay $1,478 to fly business class to Europe?
3) Would I pay $886 to fly business class to Europe in the off-peak season (January/February)?
4) Would I pay $369.50 for a domestic coach roundtrip?
If you answered yes to any of these, you may want to look into buying the miles needed. Check out the US Airways’ award and upgrade charts on my master list of award charts.
Before jumping in and purchasing miles, I’d recommend checking availability to see if there are Star Alliance flights needed on your dates. There are three tools I recommend:
1) Continental.com (just make sure you don’t include the Virgin Atlantic availability you see in the results)
2) ANA Tool
No registration is needed, but you can only make one purchase per account with a maximum of 50,000 miles (100,000 miles with the 100% bonus).
And remember, you do not earn miles on award tickets, so if earning elite status is important to you, buying US Airways miles may not be the way to go. However, if you like to ride in premium cabins for the price you’d normally pay (or less) to fly in coach, then I highly recommend doing the math and considering this promotion.
Even though I have several hundred thousand Dividend Miles laying around from their Grand Slam and other assorted promos, I’m still going to buy the maximum amount allowed, because I do think this is an all around good deal.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees