More Cheap Delta Fares to Hawaii- from $220 Roundtrip Total
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’ve written about a bunch of good deal fares to Hawaii recently and it seems that Delta has loaded a ton of really competitive fares to all of the islands they serve – including Honolulu, Lihue, Maui and Kona.
The easiest way to play around with dates is go to Delta.com -> Planning Tools -> Book a flight.
Enter your home airport (note: for NYC flyers, Newark seems to bring up cheaper fares by about $100, but you have to connect more) and then select, “My dates are flexible” and select the flexible weekend search date or +/- three days.
These fares are loaded for early September through 2012. You can also use the travelocity.com flexible date search as well, which will load the dates by month view. I recommend booking at Delta.com because they will allow you to cancel your ticket by midnight the following day (see rules on Risk Free Guarantee). So if you see something you like, book now and confirm it tomorrow. Good fares come and go, so it’s better to be safe than sorry. These may not be available when you wake up tomorrow!
Other things to note: If you are a Delta Medallion you can get upgraded on domestic legs, but not on the legs to and from Hawaii. These fares are T class mostly, so you cannot even use miles to upgrade (you’d have to buy up to K class).
Also, the cheapest fare will be shown which often includes an added connection. If you want more direct routing, scroll down- you may be able to pay a few dollars more to fly through less cities, which will save you time and aggravation (though note; you may earn less miles)
These do earn 100% elite and regular miles, so to figure out how many miles you’d get, you can use the Great Circle Mapper tool – just use the flight distance tool and enter your cities (remember Delta gives a 500 mile minimum, so you’ll get 500 miles for flying Newark to Detroit even though its only 488 miles).
This seems to be available from a lot of cities, so play around with it for your home city and feel free to report below what you find. For more info, follow the Flyertalk thread on this fare (Thanks SFO_Flyer for posting this!)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees