Cheap Continental June-November Flights from Newark to Las Vegas – $289 Total Roundtrip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I know Vegas is really hot in the summer, but if you are looking for a relatively cheap summer vacation and Europe (with the rising Euro) isn’t doable – you might want to consider a desert retreat to Las Vegas. Hotels can be had for dirt cheap and the party continues all year round – even in scorching heat (all the more reason to indulge in a couple adult beverages).
Transcontinental fares this summer have been offensive, but Continental just loaded a ton of $289 total roundtrip (including taxes) fares for travel from June 21 through early November. While this isn’t the cheapest fare I’ve ever seen, it’s pretty good. Continental has a 24 hour risk-free cancellation in case your plans end up changing in the next day. You can also pay for Farelock to give you more time to think about it.
To check out dates, I recommend using Travelocity.com -> EWR to LAS -> Flexible dates -> From now thru November. If you want, once you find dates with availability, you can book directly at continental.com, even though the prices will probably be the same.
You’ll get a list of different low fares, but most of them are garbage. Scroll down to the $258 Continental fare that has the latest travel date of Nov 8. Once you click on that, it’ll show you a calendar with all of the different dates – there are currently many available. After taxes, it comes to $289 roundtrip and you’ll get 4,454 Onepass regular and elite qualifying miles for the roundtrip (plus any elite bonuses).
This may be available from other cities, so play around to see if they’ve loaded any of these fares for your city and feel free to report below so others can take advantage of it.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees