Cheap Continental June-November Flights from Newark to Las Vegas – $289 Total Roundtrip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I know Vegas is really hot in the summer, but if you are looking for a relatively cheap summer vacation and Europe (with the rising Euro) isn’t doable – you might want to consider a desert retreat to Las Vegas. Hotels can be had for dirt cheap and the party continues all year round – even in scorching heat (all the more reason to indulge in a couple adult beverages).
Transcontinental fares this summer have been offensive, but Continental just loaded a ton of $289 total roundtrip (including taxes) fares for travel from June 21 through early November. While this isn’t the cheapest fare I’ve ever seen, it’s pretty good. Continental has a 24 hour risk-free cancellation in case your plans end up changing in the next day. You can also pay for Farelock to give you more time to think about it.
To check out dates, I recommend using Travelocity.com -> EWR to LAS -> Flexible dates -> From now thru November. If you want, once you find dates with availability, you can book directly at continental.com, even though the prices will probably be the same.
You’ll get a list of different low fares, but most of them are garbage. Scroll down to the $258 Continental fare that has the latest travel date of Nov 8. Once you click on that, it’ll show you a calendar with all of the different dates – there are currently many available. After taxes, it comes to $289 roundtrip and you’ll get 4,454 Onepass regular and elite qualifying miles for the roundtrip (plus any elite bonuses).
This may be available from other cities, so play around to see if they’ve loaded any of these fares for your city and feel free to report below so others can take advantage of it.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.