Cheap Continental June-November Flights from Newark to Las Vegas – $289 Total Roundtrip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I know Vegas is really hot in the summer, but if you are looking for a relatively cheap summer vacation and Europe (with the rising Euro) isn’t doable – you might want to consider a desert retreat to Las Vegas. Hotels can be had for dirt cheap and the party continues all year round – even in scorching heat (all the more reason to indulge in a couple adult beverages).
Transcontinental fares this summer have been offensive, but Continental just loaded a ton of $289 total roundtrip (including taxes) fares for travel from June 21 through early November. While this isn’t the cheapest fare I’ve ever seen, it’s pretty good. Continental has a 24 hour risk-free cancellation in case your plans end up changing in the next day. You can also pay for Farelock to give you more time to think about it.
To check out dates, I recommend using Travelocity.com -> EWR to LAS -> Flexible dates -> From now thru November. If you want, once you find dates with availability, you can book directly at continental.com, even though the prices will probably be the same.
You’ll get a list of different low fares, but most of them are garbage. Scroll down to the $258 Continental fare that has the latest travel date of Nov 8. Once you click on that, it’ll show you a calendar with all of the different dates – there are currently many available. After taxes, it comes to $289 roundtrip and you’ll get 4,454 Onepass regular and elite qualifying miles for the roundtrip (plus any elite bonuses).
This may be available from other cities, so play around to see if they’ve loaded any of these fares for your city and feel free to report below so others can take advantage of it.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.