40,000 Mile Sign Up Bonus for Alaska Airlines Bank of America Visa
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® Credit Card
If you are like me and have maxed out on Chase and American Express offers, you may want to consider the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa with 40,000 mile sign-up bonus.
Per their partner award chart, its only 25,000 miles for a domestic award on American/Delta/Alaskan, (or redeem internationally on British Airways, Air France and Cathay Pacific) so the annual fee of $75 pays for itself- at least for the first year.
In fact, the card comes with a valuable $99 companion ticket which can be used on first class fares as well- and you earn miles on the companion ticket. If used properly, this benefit can save hundreds a year.
While I am only interested in 50,000 mile+ sign up bonuses, this could be a decent deal for someone who has a bunch of Alaska miles or Starwood points that can be converted into Alaska miles.
Otherwise, I’d recommend sitting this one else and saving your credit inquiries for future deals.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.