10,000 British Airways Miles for Three Avis Car Rentals
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From June 1 and August 31st, 2011 you can earn up to 10,000 British Airways miles when you rent with Avis.
1st rental = 2,000 mile bonus plus the regular earning ratio of 1 mile per dollar spent (500 minimum)
2nd rental = 3,000 mile bonus plus the regular earning ratio of 1 mile per dollar spent (500 minimum)
3rd rental = 5,000 mile bonus plus the regular earning ratio of 1 mile per dollar spent (500 minimum)
There is a three day minimum on rentals and you need to use the British Airways AWD in order to get the bonus, so its very likely the increased rate will be much more than the lowest discounted rate you could get. These numbers are: Gold members N744400; Silver members N744300; Blue members N744100. Reservations made on ba.com (after Executive Club login) and avisba.com (with Executive Club passenger type selected) will automatically have the correct AWD embedded in the rental.
It’s more than likely this rate will be more expensive than the cheapest rate available, so you should comparison shop before jumping on this promotion. 10,000 BA miles can be purchased directly through American Express (see my post yesterday) for $167 through July 31, 2011 or directly from British Airways for $250. So personally, I’d pay $40 more per rental in order to get the 10k bonus, because I know I’d get much more than $120 of value out of those 10,000 points. However, this calculation is different for everyone, so do the math before you jump in.
Tip of the hat to TPG readers Laura and Randy for sending this my way.
|Terms & Conditions|
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees