10,000 British Airways Miles for Three Avis Car Rentals
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From June 1 and August 31st, 2011 you can earn up to 10,000 British Airways miles when you rent with Avis.
1st rental = 2,000 mile bonus plus the regular earning ratio of 1 mile per dollar spent (500 minimum)
2nd rental = 3,000 mile bonus plus the regular earning ratio of 1 mile per dollar spent (500 minimum)
3rd rental = 5,000 mile bonus plus the regular earning ratio of 1 mile per dollar spent (500 minimum)
There is a three day minimum on rentals and you need to use the British Airways AWD in order to get the bonus, so its very likely the increased rate will be much more than the lowest discounted rate you could get. These numbers are: Gold members N744400; Silver members N744300; Blue members N744100. Reservations made on ba.com (after Executive Club login) and avisba.com (with Executive Club passenger type selected) will automatically have the correct AWD embedded in the rental.
It’s more than likely this rate will be more expensive than the cheapest rate available, so you should comparison shop before jumping on this promotion. 10,000 BA miles can be purchased directly through American Express (see my post yesterday) for $167 through July 31, 2011 or directly from British Airways for $250. So personally, I’d pay $40 more per rental in order to get the 10k bonus, because I know I’d get much more than $120 of value out of those 10,000 points. However, this calculation is different for everyone, so do the math before you jump in.
Tip of the hat to TPG readers Laura and Randy for sending this my way.
|Terms & Conditions|
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.