Widespread Continental/United Fare Sale to Hawaii- As Low as $345 Total Roundtrip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As I’ve written about a couple times, there have been a lot of sub-$500 fares to Hawaii recently. I’ve seen Delta “attacking” a lot of Continental/United hubs and vice versa. Today it seems that Continental/ United has loaded a huge availability of rock bottom fares to multiple Hawaiian islands – I’m seeing total roundtrip (including taxes) prices from: $345 from San Francisco, $499 from New York (even on their Newark-Honolulu nonstop), $429 from Los Angeles, and many more from other cities.
There seems to be a ton of availability loaded until spring 2012. These fares probably won’t last long, so I recommend booking them now and finalizing your plans within the next day, because Continental and United both have 24 hour risk-free cancellation policies. Continental also has Farelock, which will allow you to pay a fee to lock in the price for up to a week.
For more information on this fare and sample prices from other cities, check out this Flyertalk thread. If you snag a good fare to Maui, you may want to check out the Marriott Wailea deal I posted about yesterday.
You can buy these fares on a number of different websites, but I prefer continental.com. I check the+/- 3 day search box to find the lowest fares around my ideal travel dates:
If you have tons of flexibility, you can also use travelocity.com -> Flights -> Flexible date search to find dates with the lowest fares over several months:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees