Widespread Continental/United Fare Sale to Hawaii- As Low as $345 Total Roundtrip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As I’ve written about a couple times, there have been a lot of sub-$500 fares to Hawaii recently. I’ve seen Delta “attacking” a lot of Continental/United hubs and vice versa. Today it seems that Continental/ United has loaded a huge availability of rock bottom fares to multiple Hawaiian islands – I’m seeing total roundtrip (including taxes) prices from: $345 from San Francisco, $499 from New York (even on their Newark-Honolulu nonstop), $429 from Los Angeles, and many more from other cities.
There seems to be a ton of availability loaded until spring 2012. These fares probably won’t last long, so I recommend booking them now and finalizing your plans within the next day, because Continental and United both have 24 hour risk-free cancellation policies. Continental also has Farelock, which will allow you to pay a fee to lock in the price for up to a week.
For more information on this fare and sample prices from other cities, check out this Flyertalk thread. If you snag a good fare to Maui, you may want to check out the Marriott Wailea deal I posted about yesterday.
You can buy these fares on a number of different websites, but I prefer continental.com. I check the+/- 3 day search box to find the lowest fares around my ideal travel dates:
If you have tons of flexibility, you can also use travelocity.com -> Flights -> Flexible date search to find dates with the lowest fares over several months:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.