Web Host Switch Today
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I am switching to a dedicated web hosting server this weekend, so you may experience some hiccups with posting comments, but overall this should drastically speed up the site. In the past couple weeks I’ve gotten way too many “error connecting to the database” messages and several of you have emailed me about errors when posting comments, so I decided to switch to a better host.
I’ve also added SuperCache which should significantly decrease load time of pages. Big thanks to TPG reader James who emailed me that suggestion. Which leads me to encourage anyone else to email me with any advice on how I can make the site better. I really appreciate constructive feedback and I’ve made some minor design changes in the past month due to the feedback I’ve received.
I also want to thank everyone for your support of the site. Readership has been exploding and I love the sense of community with people commenting on posts and sharing their experiences – keep it up!
Thanks for reading and make sure you spread the words to your friends and follow me on Twitter!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.