Sub $500 Fares on Continental/United from Chicago/NY/LA to Hawaii- Lanai, Molokai and Kapalua
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’ve been toying with a trip to Lanai, so I’ve been accustomed to seeing $750+ airfares from NYC. Today, Continental introduced some relatively dirt cheap fares to Lanai, Molokai and Kapalua and there’s a bunch of availability from now until spring 2012. These fares are good from Newark, Chicago and LAX and probably more – I just haven’t had time to check. I was able to pull up multiple dates including Labor Day 2011 for $495 and spring break March of 2012 for just over $500, which is a steal from the east coast!
I priced out a couple at $493 total roundtrip, including all taxes. I recommend booking these at Continental.com and selecting the +/- 3 days flexibility. Search for days that have “fares from $439” and they should price out to under $500 total.
Not the best mileage run in the world, but a darn good fare to some of the most beautiful islands in the world. The Newark-Houston-Honolulu-Lanai-Honolulu-Newark will net you over 10,400 elite miles, so its just over 4.5 cents per elite qualifying mile- not too bad.
Remember- Continental has a 24 hour flexible booking policy, so you can cancel by tomorrow with no penalty. I have a feeling these fares won’t last long! For more info on other routes, check out the Flyertalk thread.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.