Sub $500 Fares on Continental/United from Chicago/NY/LA to Hawaii- Lanai, Molokai and Kapalua
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’ve been toying with a trip to Lanai, so I’ve been accustomed to seeing $750+ airfares from NYC. Today, Continental introduced some relatively dirt cheap fares to Lanai, Molokai and Kapalua and there’s a bunch of availability from now until spring 2012. These fares are good from Newark, Chicago and LAX and probably more – I just haven’t had time to check. I was able to pull up multiple dates including Labor Day 2011 for $495 and spring break March of 2012 for just over $500, which is a steal from the east coast!
I priced out a couple at $493 total roundtrip, including all taxes. I recommend booking these at Continental.com and selecting the +/- 3 days flexibility. Search for days that have “fares from $439” and they should price out to under $500 total.
Not the best mileage run in the world, but a darn good fare to some of the most beautiful islands in the world. The Newark-Houston-Honolulu-Lanai-Honolulu-Newark will net you over 10,400 elite miles, so its just over 4.5 cents per elite qualifying mile- not too bad.
Remember- Continental has a 24 hour flexible booking policy, so you can cancel by tomorrow with no penalty. I have a feeling these fares won’t last long! For more info on other routes, check out the Flyertalk thread.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.