Sub $500 Fares on Continental/United from Chicago/NY/LA to Hawaii- Lanai, Molokai and Kapalua
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’ve been toying with a trip to Lanai, so I’ve been accustomed to seeing $750+ airfares from NYC. Today, Continental introduced some relatively dirt cheap fares to Lanai, Molokai and Kapalua and there’s a bunch of availability from now until spring 2012. These fares are good from Newark, Chicago and LAX and probably more – I just haven’t had time to check. I was able to pull up multiple dates including Labor Day 2011 for $495 and spring break March of 2012 for just over $500, which is a steal from the east coast!
I priced out a couple at $493 total roundtrip, including all taxes. I recommend booking these at Continental.com and selecting the +/- 3 days flexibility. Search for days that have “fares from $439” and they should price out to under $500 total.
Not the best mileage run in the world, but a darn good fare to some of the most beautiful islands in the world. The Newark-Houston-Honolulu-Lanai-Honolulu-Newark will net you over 10,400 elite miles, so its just over 4.5 cents per elite qualifying mile- not too bad.
Remember- Continental has a 24 hour flexible booking policy, so you can cancel by tomorrow with no penalty. I have a feeling these fares won’t last long! For more info on other routes, check out the Flyertalk thread.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees