October Frequent Flyer Seminar in Chicago
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’m pleased to announce that I’ve been asked to be a presenter at the 2011 Chicago Seminars, which is a grassroots organized conference on maximizing frequent miles and points. My session will be “Maximizing American Express – Choosing the right card and getting maximum value out of Membership Rewards”. I’ll be covering all of the tips on Amex and teaching all the tricks on transfer partners and the best overall ways to maximize the value of your American Express points. If you want to attend the event, the registration fee is $75 and it includes lunches and all events. If a lot of TPG readers decide to come, I may plan to have a special side event (even if its a short meet-up on the side) so let me know if you are attending. I had such a great time meeting the group at the Frequent Traveler Awards, I want to have another opportunity to do the same.
Registration link is here.
The event as a whole is a “must attend” if you are new to the frequent flyer world or even if you want to learn insider tricks to getting the most out of your miles and points.
Friday October 28th Early Bird Specials 7-8PM
“Maximizing Delta Miles and Delta Award Tickets”
“Technology Skills You Need To Know”
Saturday October 29th
9AM to 9:45AM: “Rookie Bootcamp”
10AM to 11:45AM: “Award Bookings” with Gary Leff
or “Hyatt and Priority Club” with Lucky
1PM to 2:45PM: “Priceline Bidding, Expedia BRG and Timeshare Tips” or
“SPG and United” with Lucky and United Captain Denny Flanagan
3PM to 5PM: “Mileage Runs” or “Credit Cards” with The Frugal Travel Guy (My workshop will be somewhere in this time slot as well)
5PM to 6PM: Breakout Session for “Mileage Runs with Hands-on Workshop” or “Meet the Speakers”
8:30PM to 10PM: “Costumes and Cocktails”
Sunday October 30th
9AM to 10:45AM: Sponsors Workshop
11AM to 12:45PM: “Pudding and Pickles” with Mr. Pickles and The Pudding Guy or Moderated Breakout Sessions on AA, DL, CO/UA, US, SPG, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club
2PM to 4PM: “Cherry Pickin’ ” with Beaubo and Randy Petersen
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.