October Frequent Flyer Seminar in Chicago
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’m pleased to announce that I’ve been asked to be a presenter at the 2011 Chicago Seminars, which is a grassroots organized conference on maximizing frequent miles and points. My session will be “Maximizing American Express – Choosing the right card and getting maximum value out of Membership Rewards”. I’ll be covering all of the tips on Amex and teaching all the tricks on transfer partners and the best overall ways to maximize the value of your American Express points. If you want to attend the event, the registration fee is $75 and it includes lunches and all events. If a lot of TPG readers decide to come, I may plan to have a special side event (even if its a short meet-up on the side) so let me know if you are attending. I had such a great time meeting the group at the Frequent Traveler Awards, I want to have another opportunity to do the same.
Registration link is here.
The event as a whole is a “must attend” if you are new to the frequent flyer world or even if you want to learn insider tricks to getting the most out of your miles and points.
Friday October 28th Early Bird Specials 7-8PM
“Maximizing Delta Miles and Delta Award Tickets”
“Technology Skills You Need To Know”
Saturday October 29th
9AM to 9:45AM: “Rookie Bootcamp”
10AM to 11:45AM: “Award Bookings” with Gary Leff
or “Hyatt and Priority Club” with Lucky
1PM to 2:45PM: “Priceline Bidding, Expedia BRG and Timeshare Tips” or
“SPG and United” with Lucky and United Captain Denny Flanagan
3PM to 5PM: “Mileage Runs” or “Credit Cards” with The Frugal Travel Guy (My workshop will be somewhere in this time slot as well)
5PM to 6PM: Breakout Session for “Mileage Runs with Hands-on Workshop” or “Meet the Speakers”
8:30PM to 10PM: “Costumes and Cocktails”
Sunday October 30th
9AM to 10:45AM: Sponsors Workshop
11AM to 12:45PM: “Pudding and Pickles” with Mr. Pickles and The Pudding Guy or Moderated Breakout Sessions on AA, DL, CO/UA, US, SPG, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club
2PM to 4PM: “Cherry Pickin’ ” with Beaubo and Randy Petersen
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees