Marriott Launches Summer Promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott just announced a new summer promotion launching June 1 and ending August 31, 2011. As with most Marriott promotions, your offer depends on your elite status/history with Marriott. I have 0 stays this year and no elite status and I was offered a free night at a category 1-4 hotel after each second paid stay- with a maximum of two free nights. Not terrible, but not nearly as lucrative as Starwood and Hyatt’s promotions, which allow for the earning of multiple free nights at high-end properties.
To see what offer you have, simply log-on to your marriott.com -> My account -> Promotion central and you should see a new promotion waiting.
Based on this Flyertalk thread, it looks like other people have been offered:
“Earn 20,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights + an extra 10,000 after 20 paid nights.”
“Earn 25,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + an extra 15,000 after 25 paid nights.”
If you don’t like the promotion you have been targeted for, you may be able to change it if you call Marriott. Remember- it never hurts to ask.
The details of my offer:
Registration is required.
Marriott Rewards® members who register for this promotion by June 30, 2011, will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-4 hotel after each second paid stay made between June 1, 2011, and August 31, 2011, at a participating Marriott® property.
Maximum two (2) free night awards earned with this promotion per member.
An earned free night award can be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-4 properties for one (1) free night between June 5, 2011, and December 31, 2011.
An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
Awards are not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
This offer is not transferable.
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit.
A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
Participating brands include JW Marriott®, EDITIONSM, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott® and Marriott Vacation Club®.
The Ritz-Carlton® participates as the exclusive luxury partner to Marriott Rewards.
All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
Visit MarriottRewardsBonus.com, call 888-MARRIOTT (627-7428), or call your local Marriott Rewards Customer Support office for complete details.
© 2011 Marriott International, Inc.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees