Marriott Launches Summer Promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott just announced a new summer promotion launching June 1 and ending August 31, 2011. As with most Marriott promotions, your offer depends on your elite status/history with Marriott. I have 0 stays this year and no elite status and I was offered a free night at a category 1-4 hotel after each second paid stay- with a maximum of two free nights. Not terrible, but not nearly as lucrative as Starwood and Hyatt’s promotions, which allow for the earning of multiple free nights at high-end properties.
To see what offer you have, simply log-on to your marriott.com -> My account -> Promotion central and you should see a new promotion waiting.
Based on this Flyertalk thread, it looks like other people have been offered:
“Earn 20,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights + an extra 10,000 after 20 paid nights.”
“Earn 25,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + an extra 15,000 after 25 paid nights.”
If you don’t like the promotion you have been targeted for, you may be able to change it if you call Marriott. Remember- it never hurts to ask.
The details of my offer:
Registration is required.
Marriott Rewards® members who register for this promotion by June 30, 2011, will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-4 hotel after each second paid stay made between June 1, 2011, and August 31, 2011, at a participating Marriott® property.
Maximum two (2) free night awards earned with this promotion per member.
An earned free night award can be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-4 properties for one (1) free night between June 5, 2011, and December 31, 2011.
An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
Awards are not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
This offer is not transferable.
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit.
A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
Participating brands include JW Marriott®, EDITIONSM, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott® and Marriott Vacation Club®.
The Ritz-Carlton® participates as the exclusive luxury partner to Marriott Rewards.
All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
Visit MarriottRewardsBonus.com, call 888-MARRIOTT (627-7428), or call your local Marriott Rewards Customer Support office for complete details.
© 2011 Marriott International, Inc.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.