Help Me Plan My Trip to Tokyo!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Next Friday I will be flying to Tokyo for the first time. I’ll have three days to spend there and I’d appreciate your help figuring out where to go and what to eat. I’m going solo and I don’t speak a lick of Japanese, so I’m in need of your best recommendations! I generally don’t like really touristy attractions and I despise waiting in line.
I arrive in Tokyo on Sunday at 5am (flying Delta JFK-LAX-Haneda), leaving on Wednesday afternoon and I’ll be staying at the Park Hyatt. That’s all I have planned as of right now, but I’d like to get things finalized this weekend. Please give me your best recommendations in the comments section and I’ll be giving back a special gift from Tokyo to a random commenter when I get home.
This trip is just the beginning of a lineup of more traveling for 2011 and I have some pretty exciting news that I’ll write about next week. Safe travels and enjoy the long holiday weekend!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.