Amazing Deal: 40 SkyMiles per Dollar Spent at Spafinder.com (Update 2: Deal is Dead- Back at 10 Miles Per Dollar)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 2: As of Friday morning at 9:51am, the earning ratio is 10 miles per dollar spent. It was good while it lasted!
Update: I just pulled up spafinder.com/delta and checked the T&C for the promo and it states the following as of 2:46pm on May 12, 2011. I recommend getting in on this deal soon, because I have a feeling they may be in the process of changing the terms, but I suspect they will honor the 40 miles per dollar for purchases from today since the T&C are published and active. Use NYC12 promo code for 12% off your order.
“For every one ($1) dollar spent on SpaFinder Gift Certificates (including gift boxes and other gift accessories), you will earn 40 miles.
Shipping, insurance, and other administrative fees are not included in the amount of miles awarded.
Items purchased at a discount will earn miles based upon the actual cost of the item, not the original, non-discounted price.
Items purchased via third party loyalty redemption programs or other non-cash methods are not included.
Offer cannot be combined with any other promotion.
All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. Please allow 6-8 weeks after qualification for miles to post to your account.
Until May 31, 2011 you can get 40 Skymiles per dollar spent on Spafinder.com gift certificates. This is actually cheaper than buying Skymiles directly from Delta at 2.8 cents/mile. With this promotion, you can get 100,000 SkyMiles (enough for a business class award to Europe) for $2,500 – plus you get $2,500 in spa gift certificates! Buying those miles directly from Delta would have cost you $2,800 and Delta caps mileage purchases at 60,000 per year. If you value spa treatments (or can re-sell them or use them as gifts), this could be a really lucrative way to manufacture miles.
If you have a Delta Amex, you can redeem Skymiles for 1 cent per mile towards airfare, so this is essentially a 40% travel rebate. For example, I just purchased $300 in gift cards and I’ll end up getting 12,000 Skymiles, which could be used for $120 towards Delta flights. Of course, I’d never do that, because I get much more value redeeming for super-expensive international business class flights (which I have no problem doing considering I am based in NYC and have a decent amount of Skyteam options).
Spafinder.com has top notch spas, including Bliss and Mandarin Oriental NYC, so I look forward to taking advantage of this deal for both the spa treatments and premium international award redemptions.
For the 40 Delta SkyMiles promotion, can I use a promotional code to get a discount of 10% off of my total order as well? There are two terms in the Terms & Conditions that have me confused about this:
* Items purchased at a discount will earn miles based upon the actual cost of the item, not the original, non-discounted price.
* Offer cannot be combined with any other promotion.
Thank you for contacting SpaFinder!
Any changes to your e-mail gift certificates can be e-mailed to us.
You may use a promotional code for your purchase and you will still receive special that is offered for Delta SkyMiles.
Feel free to reach SpaFinder at 646-695-0575 should you have any further questions or concerns.
Below are the T&C- there doesn’t appear to be any limit. There was also no sales taxes or shipping and handling when I ordered my electronic gift certificate. You enter your Skymiles number at checkout and miles should post within 6-8 weeks.
Hat tip to TPG reader WChris for bringing this to my attention!
- For every one ($1) dollar spent on SpaFinder Gift Certificates (including gift boxes and other gift accessories), you will earn 40 miles.
- Shipping, insurance, and other administrative fees are not included in the amount of miles awarded.
- Items purchased at a discount will earn miles based upon the actual cost of the item, not the original, non-discounted price.
- Items purchased via third party loyalty redemption programs or other non-cash methods are not included.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other promotion.
- All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. Please allow 6-8 weeks after qualification for miles to post to your account.
- Offer valid from May 9, 2011 to May 31, 2011.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees