Amazing Deal: 40 SkyMiles per Dollar Spent at Spafinder.com (Update 2: Deal is Dead- Back at 10 Miles Per Dollar)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 2: As of Friday morning at 9:51am, the earning ratio is 10 miles per dollar spent. It was good while it lasted!
Update: I just pulled up spafinder.com/delta and checked the T&C for the promo and it states the following as of 2:46pm on May 12, 2011. I recommend getting in on this deal soon, because I have a feeling they may be in the process of changing the terms, but I suspect they will honor the 40 miles per dollar for purchases from today since the T&C are published and active. Use NYC12 promo code for 12% off your order.
“For every one ($1) dollar spent on SpaFinder Gift Certificates (including gift boxes and other gift accessories), you will earn 40 miles.
Shipping, insurance, and other administrative fees are not included in the amount of miles awarded.
Items purchased at a discount will earn miles based upon the actual cost of the item, not the original, non-discounted price.
Items purchased via third party loyalty redemption programs or other non-cash methods are not included.
Offer cannot be combined with any other promotion.
All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. Please allow 6-8 weeks after qualification for miles to post to your account.
Until May 31, 2011 you can get 40 Skymiles per dollar spent on Spafinder.com gift certificates. This is actually cheaper than buying Skymiles directly from Delta at 2.8 cents/mile. With this promotion, you can get 100,000 SkyMiles (enough for a business class award to Europe) for $2,500 – plus you get $2,500 in spa gift certificates! Buying those miles directly from Delta would have cost you $2,800 and Delta caps mileage purchases at 60,000 per year. If you value spa treatments (or can re-sell them or use them as gifts), this could be a really lucrative way to manufacture miles.
If you have a Delta Amex, you can redeem Skymiles for 1 cent per mile towards airfare, so this is essentially a 40% travel rebate. For example, I just purchased $300 in gift cards and I’ll end up getting 12,000 Skymiles, which could be used for $120 towards Delta flights. Of course, I’d never do that, because I get much more value redeeming for super-expensive international business class flights (which I have no problem doing considering I am based in NYC and have a decent amount of Skyteam options).
Spafinder.com has top notch spas, including Bliss and Mandarin Oriental NYC, so I look forward to taking advantage of this deal for both the spa treatments and premium international award redemptions.
For the 40 Delta SkyMiles promotion, can I use a promotional code to get a discount of 10% off of my total order as well? There are two terms in the Terms & Conditions that have me confused about this:
* Items purchased at a discount will earn miles based upon the actual cost of the item, not the original, non-discounted price.
* Offer cannot be combined with any other promotion.
Thank you for contacting SpaFinder!
Any changes to your e-mail gift certificates can be e-mailed to us.
You may use a promotional code for your purchase and you will still receive special that is offered for Delta SkyMiles.
Feel free to reach SpaFinder at 646-695-0575 should you have any further questions or concerns.
Below are the T&C- there doesn’t appear to be any limit. There was also no sales taxes or shipping and handling when I ordered my electronic gift certificate. You enter your Skymiles number at checkout and miles should post within 6-8 weeks.
Hat tip to TPG reader WChris for bringing this to my attention!
- For every one ($1) dollar spent on SpaFinder Gift Certificates (including gift boxes and other gift accessories), you will earn 40 miles.
- Shipping, insurance, and other administrative fees are not included in the amount of miles awarded.
- Items purchased at a discount will earn miles based upon the actual cost of the item, not the original, non-discounted price.
- Items purchased via third party loyalty redemption programs or other non-cash methods are not included.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other promotion.
- All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. Please allow 6-8 weeks after qualification for miles to post to your account.
- Offer valid from May 9, 2011 to May 31, 2011.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.