30% Off Fall American MileSAAver Domestic and Canada Coach Awards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American’s 30 Deals in 30 Days have been a mixture of some really good deals and a lot of boring ones that I haven’t even taken the time to write about. Today’s is pretty amazing if you use your AA miles to fly domestically in coach. They are offering 30% off all SAAver level awards for travel between September 7, 2011, and November 8, 2011 and the system is already coded to include this discount, so it’s very apparent which flights are eligible. I tried booking a JFK-LAX flight for October and I had many options to spend 17,500 miles and $5 per roundtrip. I also like the inclusion of Canada, since Canadian flights are generally very expensive. I priced out a Miami to Vancouver for only 17,500 miles and $49.70 in taxes and fees!
If you are coming to the October Chicago frequent flyer seminar, you may want to consider using your AA miles. TPG reader Ashley pointed out in the comments section that fares were $400+ for her, so using 17,500 miles is a pretty good deal.
If you don’t have many AA miles, you can sign up for two fee-waived Citi cards and get 150,000 AA miles after $3,000 in spend within 6 months. Check out my post on that topic.
“To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the AAdvantage® program, we are offering a special limited-time discount on Economy Class MileSAAver awards on American Airlines within the Continental U.S. and Canada. No registration is required. The mileage discount will automatically be applied to eligible reservations. That’s a savings of 3,750 miles each way or 7,500 miles round-trip. Reservations must be booked and ticketed between May 27, 2011, and June 10, 2011, for travel between September 7, 2011, and November 8, 2011.”
Maybe yesterday’s Delta award booking discount will be re-introduced so Delta remains competitive on these awards?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees