30% Off Fall American MileSAAver Domestic and Canada Coach Awards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American’s 30 Deals in 30 Days have been a mixture of some really good deals and a lot of boring ones that I haven’t even taken the time to write about. Today’s is pretty amazing if you use your AA miles to fly domestically in coach. They are offering 30% off all SAAver level awards for travel between September 7, 2011, and November 8, 2011 and the system is already coded to include this discount, so it’s very apparent which flights are eligible. I tried booking a JFK-LAX flight for October and I had many options to spend 17,500 miles and $5 per roundtrip. I also like the inclusion of Canada, since Canadian flights are generally very expensive. I priced out a Miami to Vancouver for only 17,500 miles and $49.70 in taxes and fees!
If you are coming to the October Chicago frequent flyer seminar, you may want to consider using your AA miles. TPG reader Ashley pointed out in the comments section that fares were $400+ for her, so using 17,500 miles is a pretty good deal.
If you don’t have many AA miles, you can sign up for two fee-waived Citi cards and get 150,000 AA miles after $3,000 in spend within 6 months. Check out my post on that topic.
“To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the AAdvantage® program, we are offering a special limited-time discount on Economy Class MileSAAver awards on American Airlines within the Continental U.S. and Canada. No registration is required. The mileage discount will automatically be applied to eligible reservations. That’s a savings of 3,750 miles each way or 7,500 miles round-trip. Reservations must be booked and ticketed between May 27, 2011, and June 10, 2011, for travel between September 7, 2011, and November 8, 2011.”
Maybe yesterday’s Delta award booking discount will be re-introduced so Delta remains competitive on these awards?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.